rF2 Marussia MR01 @ Silverstone - Sunday May 5th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
has anyone else had any issues with the marussia - i had this glitch (very rare) where the right front tyre folds in and it says that i've had a controller disconnect (wheel still connected and working). that cars stops and then the tyre goes back to normal!:cautious:

sorry have to sign out again ;( On the last couple of weeks, every time something's coming up when the sunday races are on nice tracks ;( I'll try to join on another Sunday soon.

Could you guys maybe tell me what pole time you guys could do here? Would be interesting to know just out of curiousity ;)

well, disappointing that so many dropped out but was fun whilst it lasted.
a massive well done to axel who got pole with a 1.27.1?
i was overjoyed to get into the high 1.29s. i'm usually 2 seconds off the aliens so i must have overperformed. inspite there only being 4 of us, i will make the most of my first front row quali on this game lol

in the race, i decided to do 2 stops incorrectly assuming the race would last about 30 laps.
i did my first stint on mediums but couldn't decide if i wanted to push or preserve tires. in the end, axel was away and matt was not too far behind. not sure if the gap grew to about 4 seconds but after 6 laps my tires were red. i targetted lap 8 for a pit stop thinking about two 10 lap stints on hards should be ok...but matt was closing to about 1 second. just as i was preparing to be overtaken, he went off and the gap went up to 8 seconds. phew. breathing space. i pitted although i lost about 3 or 4 seconds by pressing limiter way too early. where are the lights?
put the hards on and i was a bit behind as matt hadn't pitted. i drove the first 2 laps conserving the tyres much better than the previous stint (not just because tyres were hard) and yet the gap was coming down a few seconds at a time. guessing matts tyres were shot by lap 10 or 11? He pitted and i overtook as he was in the pitlane. i'm guessing the gap would have been up to about 8 seconds again (with him having +2 laps fresher tyres as race progressed) so would have been really interesting...until i got distracted with the situation and spun out, smashing my rear wing. i tried to limp back to pits but car was mangled and pitstop would have lasted 140 seconds plus. real shame. me and matt were similar on pace for once - clearly i prefer open wheelers and he prefers flat tops. it would have been really interesting to see how the strategy played out. i felt i was preserving tyres well but he had a shorter stint to go for the 2nd stint.

well done axel (who was miles ahead) and well done matt. even though you don't like the open wheelers as much, you are very consistent and experienced. i had great fun and just need to work on not having little lapses.

i encourage everyone to join these races on a sunday. the tyres situation makes it so much more strategic. it was so comparable to f1. super softs lasting about 4 laps with lateral sliding,

i'm assuming the wednesday team race is the main event at the minute.

cheers to the new guy (sorry forget your name). you came late on but i hope you join us again. practise makes perfect and the more the merrier!

p.s. whilst i'm sad i crashed out, and only 3 guys were my rivals, i think this is the first time i've led and rfactor 2 race..at my home gp! what a feeling! :) considering my quali would have comfortably beaten the 100 per cent ai, it just shows the standard of you guys on here. i bet you can all beat 105 per cent ai! crazy.

First off sorry for the bump on the start Andrew,least i think it was Andrew.I got a good jump and could have maybe drove past everyone but i drifted over a bit to much and had a little contact.I settled in behind Andrew and stayed fairly close for a few laps until i made several mistakes in one lap and fell a good bit behind.From then on i was going to hope my 1 stop strategy would help make up some time as i thought Andrew was on soft or super soft tires and figured he might need three stops.After my tire stop i was not terribly far behind and was prepared to go to work catching up but then Andrew had his trouble.Now my goal was to try to stay on the lead lap but as the race was in its last few laps my tires were so far gone i just couldn't keep any good pace so Axel passed me with a a couple minutes left.It was actually kinda a fun race even though i struggle a bit with these cars.It could be a lot more fun if we could ever get close to a full grid.Nice job by Axel and Andrew to do so well in these hard little monsters.

I did a 1.27.1 Andrew, but that was in practise. Quali was 1.27.9. I went for hard tyres and made them last for 13 laps. The race was 26 laps. Man this car is eating rubber. Nice how you can feel it in the ffb when the tyres are going off. and when you get a fresh set on you feel so more resistance in the wheel. Fun to watch the replay and compare tiredegredation. Could be fun if it was possible to, either via the vmod, or just to agree to use 2 compounds and like irl start the race on the same compound we qualife on.
Well done Matt to go the full distance, openwheeler and all..:) By the way Matt, you know there is a DRS option in this car. Didnt see you use it in the replay.

I did a 1.27.1 Andrew, but that was in practise. Quali was 1.27.9. I went for hard tyres and made them last for 13 laps. The race was 26 laps. Man this car is eating rubber. Nice how you can feel it in the ffb when the tyres are going off. and when you get a fresh set on you feel so more resistance in the wheel. Fun to watch the replay and compare tiredegredation. Could be fun if it was possible to, either via the vmod, or just to agree to use 2 compounds and like irl start the race on the same compound we qualife on.
Well done Matt to go the full distance, openwheeler and all..:) By the way Matt, you know there is a DRS option in this car. Didnt see you use it in the replay.
I didn't know that.That would explain why you guys were so much faster on the straight away.It felt like i was towing an anchor around the track.:roflmao:How do you use this?

I didn't know that.That would explain why you guys were so much faster on the straight away.It felt like i was towing an anchor around the track.:roflmao:How do you use this?
with that drs, you would have been in 1.29s mate. possibly faster than my lap. the downside is, i think i left the drs open for my crash :roflmao::redface: you assign the rear flap button in the controls...if you follow f1, you will know that it allows you to lift rear wing and go faster but if left open on corners, you will fly off! by applying the brakes, the car automatically closes it too. good pace then!;)

with that drs, you would have been in 1.29s mate. possibly faster than my lap. the downside is, i think i left the drs open for my crash :roflmao::redface: you assign the rear flap button in the controls...if you follow f1, you will know that it allows you to lift rear wing and go faster but if left open on corners, you will fly off! by applying the brakes, the car automatically closes it too. good pace then!;)
Thanks for replying i was just googling to see how it worked.I knew f1 cars had something like that but i didn't realize this car had the ability in the game to do this.Very cool.I see in the controls menu front and rear flap does this mean the front wing also has DRS system or only the rear wing?

Thanks for replying i was just googling to see how it worked.I knew f1 cars had something like that but i didn't realize this car had the ability in the game to do this.Very cool.I see in the controls menu front and rear flap does this mean the front wing also has DRS system or only the rear wing?
only rear mate. in real life, some of the f1 cars have kers too - a limited supply of engine boost from reserved brake energy (replenished each lap). however, altho rfactor 2 has the control button ready , kers has not been activated to date.possibly waiting for the other real f1 cars to be installed first. there have been rumours that last seasons cars might become available as opposed to the codemasters licensed f1 2013 cars.

I was just playing around with the DRS driving in chase view and not only does the flap close when you brake but also when you let of the throttle and also if you turn the steering more than about 30 degrease.So it seems you never need to worry about closing it just opining it:)

I was just playing around with the DRS driving in chase view and not only does the flap close when you brake but also when you let of the throttle and also if you turn the steering more than about 30 degrease.So it seems you never need to worry about closing it just opining it:)
really?! if you go into a fast corner with no braking and steer, by the time you have steered the 30 degrees, will the back end have stepped out? i only ask because in f1 2012 it does and i assumed it was the same in this game :redface:

Yeah some situations you may have to manually deactivate it but you can deactivate it also by letting off the throttle for a split second witch seems easier to me than hitting the button.It will take some practice before i learn just when to activate and deactivate it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back