rF2 Marussia MR-01 @ Silverstone - Sunday June 30th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Honestly, its that bad im seriously considering cutting my head off to stop the pain.:cry:

shi*t. take ibuprofen and paracetamol at the same time. it's allowed. the lag in the race for me was probably worse than your toothache. apologies for leaving. it was fine until all cars on track for the warm up.sorry!

That was great fun:thumbsup: Had never driven on this track before today, not even in other games, but what a great track!
After starting 10th and some close racing in the beginning I managed with tyre management to get up to 4th place, with still a lot of tyre left. looking forward to the next race:)

That was my first ever F1 race in rF2 and it was great fun. The car is awesome to drive now, and I say that even while I'm still struggling to find the traction out of slow corners that I see other guys getting. I tried to no-stop it and was looking good for 4th place until my engine let go with 10 minutes remaining. No warning, just caught fire.

I was struggling with too much oversteer even in medium speed corners for a lot of the race, and it just kept getting worse. What's awesome is how manageable that is.

A couple of questions/suggestions for future events:

1. Is the server really using a weather profile with chance of rain? The event listings here on the forums always say weather is random. I'm just curious really. Not sure if it's good to use it yet or not since I'm still seeing a lot of bugs with rain online. (Dry track but wet patches appearing randomly from lap to lap, for instance.)

2. Is there a reason not to use the recently released Formula ISI cars? They're clearly based on the Marussia but are they considered less realistic or accurate? If not then it would be good to use them so everyone isn't in the exact same livery.

Good to hear you had fun!

Well for the weather it depends on how we set it. We do have rain sometimes, great fun:)I Most of the time we set it to dry. personally didn;t notice any bugs with the rain that really upset the races, but didn;t drive recently in the rain.

Well normally the skin sharing works, for some reason this time most people had troubles uploading their skins on the server. It doesn't really matter which car we pick to us, so next time we could select the FISI:)

The FISI cars appear to be a bit faster from the limited testing I've done. They seem to have more downforce, or at least the downforce balance seems different. I could be wrong though.

I still haven't figured out how skin sharing works in rF2. I just generally hate messing with custom skins and would rather select from a decent set of pre-mades.

It was in this build that I actually just saw a server where it was raining in P/Q, then dry at the race start. Throughout the race there would be sections of the track wet, then next lap they were gone. I saw it over several races. The race weekend was being forced to restart a lot by the admin though so it may have had something to do with it.

Thanks for racing to all

q: Last q lap was a good one, just not enough on the last sector to get Sean's time ;)

r: Start from p2, but I lost a position to Marcel right away, as I've got a bit too much wheelspin even when I was already in 3rd gear.

I tried to do the entire race on one set of hard tires and that's exactly what I did :D
But if I would have realized beforehand that the time for a pitstop is so low, I would have not gone throught that, as it was a bit complicated at the end :p

Marcel came closer and closer on fresher tires and I was forced to push with 40min old tires, what a hassle :confused:
It was still enough to win the race, but only with some bad luck involved for Sean and for Marcel close to the end.

Some good racing and fun :)

If you guys want to see a hotlap from practice (offline), here it is:
[medio]3489[/medio]

Yesterdays Qualy and Race results:
Marussia silverstone qualy result.png
Silverstone Marussia result.png

Nice race and thanks guys really good fun and wd to Dino the tire master !

My first time racing online with these and when I made setup I was just going by feel and playing around with settings and what was faster over a q lap so I think I had been way over aggressive on tires, I maybe should have reverted to default tire setup with mines for race but worked well in q and for about 8 to 10 laps in race lol. Was nice to see how close a few strategy's could be over such a short race to and I made couple small mistakes aswell

Also I use 450 degrees with rf2 atm this may affect steering lock preference :thumbsup:

EDIT: I also think the Fisi is slight better balance grip or something I think this was agreed last club race with at Essington and with little practise ive had with both I think it does seem to be the case. I be happy to race Fisi for just better mix of skins but don't think we could race Marussia with Fisi atm anyway.

Attachments

• marussia q5.svm
    3.7 KB · Views: 214
I've given my setups to guys a few times (ahem, Tiens Van Zyl :p) and sometimes some have been 2 seconds slower than I am, and I'm not even fast I reckon, so setup isn't always all it's cracked up to be. It helps making the car more trustable for me, but except if you've botched the gear ratios by making them too long or too short, you should really be within a few seconds of the optimal setup's time, at most.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%