rF2 Marussia MR-01 @ Sebring - Sunday May 26th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
:thumbsup:
Very realistic I think, so that means like in F1 tyrewear is fast, but you are in control how fast it goes. During event there is tyrewear x2, so make sure to practice online to see how long your tyres last and which compound to select for the race.:)

Edit Stefan was quicker than me:p

I'd be up for this but as I have no time to practice and go through the strategy options I'd appreciate it if somebody could give me just some suggestions and options which I can take then.

Edit: NM, I'll just take the hard compound and see how fat I come. :D

Edit 2: lol "how far I come"

in the 2nd turning,thanks for contact:mad: thanks guy!!!

Hey Maxim, very sorry you had to end the race like it did.:(
I didn't do it on purpose, I was outbraking 1 or 2 guys in a straight line, you were braking in a straight line, and the sides of our car hit each other, I wasn't even aware we had hit each other untill I had seen the replay.
If you feel it wasn't like I experienced it, you can send Stefan the video so he can judge as an outsider.

this was a lot of fun.i was reasonably happy with quali pace compared to last time. but gutted as i was up 2 positions until i ran wide in the last corner - being too ambitious.

race was a different story. flat spotted hard tyres early on and struggled to make 13 laps on hards - front left had gone off. i was coasting a lot of the time, as was miroslav i believe. yet we were a country mile behind the rest on super softs. i spun once or twice and by the time i pitted for softs, i was 50 seconds behind stefan in 3rd? don't know how you did 14 laps on supersofts?!were you drag racing?lol something happened to pete a bit later, miroslav and axel. i was in 3rd but realised i had only put in 22 laps fuel (thought it ws 20 lap race ;-( ...so i coasted around in 7th. the rain came, another spin in 7th gear at the tight corners lol
my fuel was on 0 on the last straight but car kept going. got passed by piero with about 20 metres of virtual track left and car stopped. what was that gp where prost pushed his car across the line? if i'd waited one more lap, maybe stefan could have shunted me across the line. ah well. frustrating but fun.

i will study the onboards from the replay. i really watched tyre temps all the way yet 10 laps on softs would have been my limited compared to stefans 14 or supersofts. wonder how many laps they were red for stefan? interesting and great all at the same time. cheers guys. very clean racing.

Thanks for racing tonight.

Q: Was not really happy with qualy as I coudn't get one good clean lap together, but was still close with some others and good enough for p2.

R: Starting with these cars is quite hard, but I managed to come off without messing up and with taking a wide line through turn1, I was passing Axel which surprised me at this moment :D

Rest of the race went smooth as I managed to come through without big mistakes and tyres making the two stints without getting too bad.

Only the rain in the end was maybe a bit too much for this car and in this state that rain-driving is currently in. I tried to slowly finish the race without changing tyres for the last lap, but at some point the tyres blocked completly when I was slowly braking for a turn and sent me sideways for a puncture.
I limped the car over the line with the puncture, though it was still enough for p1^^

I'll try to make another one of the Sunday races in the next couple of weeks hopefully, see you guys.

Huh there is a lot to say here. ;)

First race for me in this car. Crazy, just crazy.
I joined the P session and went out on softs to see how long I can keep them and realized I can do it through the race. So for Q I went on SS's and got a 5 place on the grid I think which was good for me.

As the race started I saw all the other guys on hard compounds or mediums. The most of them actually. So I was confused if I was just to slow considering the lap times in the P session.
But turned out all pitted and all of sudden I was in the front somewhere but the guys came out of the pits just behind me. I wasn't sure if I can fight them as I really was careful with my soft compound so I left Stefan pass and then Axel was behind me for some laps also.
But then I had lag problems the first time with rF2. Actually just a one time lag and Axel was suddelny in the middle of my car. I watched the replay and my car has gone backwards for 2-3 secs and Axel crashed into it. This was strange but sorry Axel I don't know what you saw but that was just a lag accident. I alt tabbed to fire up a recording software to record it and then rF2 crashed. Afterwards there was no replay file of the race there. :(

But at the start, however I did my bad start again and I was just behind Andrew for some laps.
I tell you I went crazy. I had to look after the tires and keep a reasonable pace but I stuck behind him. (no offense Andrew) ;)
I saw I was faster then he is, even with saving the tires but every time I came close to him I lost to much grip in the turns and my tires were crying for help. First time in this situation. I knew if I stay behind I'll lose to much time and destroy mi tires but I couldn't also push more as the tires didn't allow it. What a crazy situation , really frustrating.
Then he made a mistake after 6 or 7 laps and I could pass him. I was also surprised that the guys in front pitted as they were on harder compounds.

This is really a crazy sim. So much possibilities and very challenging. I actually was speechless after the race and didn't really know what to write here.

Just started typing lol.

Good race, grats to whoever won, shame I couldn't race to the end as the rain would have made it just more insane.
Subscribe me to the Sundays lol.

Huh there is a lot to say here. ;)

First race for me in this car. Crazy, just crazy.
I joined the P session and went out on softs to see how long I can keep them and realized I can do it through the race. So for Q I went on SS's and got a 5 place on the grid I think which was good for me.

As the race started I saw all the other guys on hard compounds or mediums. The most of them actually. So I was confused if I was just to slow considering the lap times in the P session.
But turned out all pitted and all of sudden I was in the front somewhere but the guys came out of the pits just behind me. I wasn't sure if I can fight them as I really was careful with my soft compound so I left Stefan pass and then Axel was behind me for some laps also.
But then I had lag problems the first time with rF2. Actually just a one time lag and Axel was suddelny in the middle of my car. I watched the replay and my car has gone backwards for 2-3 secs and Axel crashed into it. This was strange but sorry Axel I don't know what you saw but that was just a lag accident. I alt tabbed to fire up a recording software to record it and then rF2 crashed. Afterwards there was no replay file of the race there. :(

But at the start, however I did my bad start again and I was just behind Andrew for some laps.
I tell you I went crazy. I had to look after the tires and keep a reasonable pace but I stuck behind him. (no offense Andrew) ;)
I saw I was faster then he is, even with saving the tires but every time I came close to him I lost to much grip in the turns and my tires were crying for help. First time in this situation. I knew if I stay behind I'll lose to much time and destroy mi tires but I couldn't also push more as the tires didn't allow it. What a crazy situation , really frustrating.
Then he made a mistake after 6 or 7 laps and I could pass him. I was also surprised that the guys in front pitted as they were on harder compounds.

This is really a crazy sim. So much possibilities and very challenging. I actually was speechless after the race and didn't really know what to write here.

Just started typing lol.

Good race, grats to whoever won, shame I couldn't race to the end as the rain would have made it just more insane.
Subscribe me to the Sundays lol.

miroslav, glad you enjoyed this type of car. i am amazed out how realistic the tyre situation is. its so appropriate and fitting with real life f1 at the moment. i was surprised at you in quali as you are usually so, so far ahead.

in the race, i flat spotted my hard tyres early on and i was , like you, trying to save tyres. i tried to defend for a bit but didn't want a collision. also, by defending, i was wearing my tyres away. so i was in a dilemma - to defend or let you passed? we were both crawling but after the flat spot, not much i could do.
i almost wanted you to go passed but then, i thought that we might be on the same strategy.
you were very honest and respectful. shame about your disconnection/lag.:cry:

Q:
couldn't really put a real good lap together and stuck on a 1:37.7xx as 6th

R:
Had a half decent start (not spinning) and dropped 2 places and kept myself out of problems.
I was behind Ian for many laps untill he was caught by his low fps and span of half way S2 (cannot remember which lap that was). We already had past Axel who had has some troubles coming on the back straight (?). I knew I had to take care of my supersofts a lot (no sliding, not spinning the tires when accelerating out of corners and final not locking up the brakes) At the end of lap 13 I went in for softs as I wanted to drive a bit more agressive than on the super softs when I was in the pit Mirolsav passed me for 2nd. When I came out of the pit I was on the hunt for him and long after I passed him on the outside braking for the hairpin at the end of S1.
Behind me Axel and Pete(?) fought for 3rd and when the lag moment came (yes I had it too) they dissapeared. Ian told me on TS that they both had crashed. It was a lonely race from that moment on. Dino was as steady as a swiss clock and way to far in front of me. When it started raining I took wet tires, but they were less grippy than you would expect, so was not fast enough to Dino who had had troubles in his final lap.
I think Andrew was idle on track too long to give him a push (the server returns you to the pit if you are on track not moving for 30 seconds). When I came on the final straight you were already gone, so could not push you over the finish.

A brilliant second place which I am happy with. Made 1 mistake mid race, but could retuen to the track without damage.

Andrew Ford: When I went into the pit at the end of lap 13, passed the finish line in pit :p. My tires were all 2 red dots left, besides my right front whio had 1 red dot left. My lap times were around 1:40, while dino was doing steady 1:38's. Nor pushing the car to the limit really helps you save tires a lot. When I would push my car the tires would be gone in 4 laps.

Qualy went fine, I did my best lap and thought it would be good beforehand for a top 3, but I was only 5th, but was still happy with performance.

In the race I had a slow start but managed to overtake 1 or 2 people in the first corner by staying on the inside, which gave me a lot of extra speed to overtake Maxim in the second corner. At that moment I really thought there was enough room for both, but with braking our sides hit each other, and Maxim went flying of the track, and I didn't even noticed I had hit him. Even though not intentional and in my believe a racingincident, in the end it was my responsabilty not to hit him as I overtook him, and Maxim had no change of recovery, so sorry again Maxim! Hope you will be there the next time to race us again.
After the second corner I was third, outbraked myself in the hairpin but only lossed one position, which I managed to get back within one lap. Axel made some kind of mistake as he was slow on the straight which gave me second position again. In the third lap I had a major framerate loss/stutter problem, my screen freezed for 2 full seconds right in a corner, so crashed into the wall, race over.
I'm sure I wouldn't have catched the winner Dino who was very fast and consistant, but it would have been possible with my racepace and tyremanagement to reach the podium.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back