Martin Gosbee joins Precision Motorsports

The second new signature to present is Martin Gosbee. Having an eventful history in FSR, Martin will finally be settling down and competing on the highest level alongside Rob van Starkenburg for the world series title. Martin signed a 1 year deal with option for 2014.

In 2012 Martin has won 2 races and got overall 5 podiums in the world series and in Abu Dhabi he even managed to get on the podium in the world championship. He has stabilized his performance and by singing the contract with Precision Motorsports, he has been given a tremendous chance to prove himself fully as a team player and a consistent top driver.

The team has caught up with Martin to ask him a couple of questions about the recent transfer.

You have been known to change teams frequently in the past. Has it negatively impacted your growth as a driver?
Yes for sure it has, at one point it may have reached 4 or even 5 team swaps overall and it isn't something to be proud of, Consistency is very key and having a solid base to rely on is something I didn't have. Be it my fault or not it has for sure
impacted me in a bad way. 2012 Was my first season or even the 2nd half of the season is where I found my place and had no issues and I am keen to continue in this fashion so I can get the best results I can.

You have been with the team for a couple of weeks now, how have those few weeks been and what are your first impressions?
My first impressions are very good, Everyone is happy and motivated which is key to keeping the moral rather as I have previosuly found out, the professionalism is also one thing to take note of but this doesn't cause doom and gloom as there is plenty of laughs and there is a certain community feel to the team.

What do you expect from joining Precision Motorsports in the future?
With the backing of Precision I strive to improve from my string of results in the 2nd part of the 2012 season and carry it on through to 2013, although this will be difficult with the arrival of a possible new simulator but im sure the team will make the extra efforts to keep Precision Motorsports on top where they have been for the last 3 seasons.

Team owner Johannes Kunkel commented:
"We knew Martin as an FSR driver for a longer time, but he was never really considered to be a driver for Precision Motorsports, mainly due to him switching the team quite often in the past. Halfway through the 2012 season he however found his place to be and his pace and consistency improved and caught our attention. It is very important for a driver to have a consistent environment and to be able to work with the same people consistently, only then you can concentrate on improving your skills. We are looking forward to giving Martin this environment and watch his progress through the 2013 World Series campaign."

Team manager Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"This may come as a surprise to many people and to be perfectly honest a year ago, this wouldn't have happened. However Martin has proved he can deliver on a consistent basis. Everything he has done or was accused of doing is in the past now and I have full confidence we will have a great season. I fully trust him and there is absolutely no reason to have any concerns. He is a great driver overall and once we fix a couple of issues, he will be stronger than ever."

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by Ondrej Kuncman
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%