Martin Brundle joins Sky

On the flipside, you could question the BBC's loyalty towards a contract they committed to that extended well beyond this year for F1.

Good point. I didn't know the BBC renegotiated the contract. On the other side. Global sports like the F1, World Championship Football / Rugby, Olympics, Wimbledon and Tour de France (and curling) should always be on the open net imo.

It amazes me the amount of money the BBC will throw at Wimbledon, Horse Racing and smaller sports, at the expense of sports like F1 that sky-rocket their viewing figures.

I'm curious as to what Sky are going to do with the F1 Channel during non-race days. I'm sure they will repeat the sessions several times, particularly on race weekends, but what else is the channel going to be used for? Will they show other races or will it just stay closed until the next race weekend?

They not offering this channel to Virgin Media customers?

If not, it's clear the massive commercial impact this has for Sky. something has to be done about their dominance because they are just taking over everything.

Damn Bernie with $$$$$$$ in his eyes :(

Care to elaborate?

I was wondering in terms of packages, what do I need to watch F1 on sky. I haven't really got the money to have many packages and I was wondering, do I need Sky Sports or just Sky HD.

I think you need to have the Sky Sports package in order to have the F1 channel included.
Documentaries/News/Kids TV comes as one package, which only saves you about £5 if you don't have it.
Movies is only £6/7
You'll want the entertainment package, or you'll effectively have terrestrial TV plus a couple extras.
Unfortunately the Sports package is the most expensive one. About £20 I think.

You'll be looking at about £50 a month total.

They not offering this channel to Virgin Media customers?

If not, it's clear the massive commercial impact this has for Sky. something has to be done about their dominance because they are just taking over everything.

Damn Bernie with $$$$$$$ in his eyes :(

Apparently they were in negotiation with Virgin Media and BT Vision.

David Croft is rumoured to be joining Brundle in the commentary box, while Ted Kravitz leads the pitlane team. It will be presented by rugby presenter Simon Lazenby, and Sky are seeking to hire Nigel Mansell's services as a pundit.
Full story here.

Crofty + Brundle! Brilliant! However I did like DC and I think Martin and him teamed up well, but David Croft is a brilliant commentator and deserves far better than just doing the Radio.

Simon Lazenby is also a good in-studio presenter, not sure what he knows about F1, but then again the same question was asked for Jake on BBC and he did a great job.

Roll on 2012!

How much you pay a month roughly?

I already pay around £35 a month for BT broadband and phone.

I could get BT Vision for free if I wanted being with BT for 2 years now.

All I want from sky is to watch F1, that is all.

Being a filthy american without cable (plus I jut hate speed channel coverage, another news corp channel); I can't blame Martin for following the money. But then again, I have to watch live races through sites found while perusing the internet.

How much you pay a month roughly?

I already pay around £35 a month for BT broadband and phone.

I could get BT Vision for free if I wanted being with BT for 2 years now.

All I want from sky is to watch F1, that is all.
Around £60-£65 per month. That includes my Sky Package (excluding Movies & Sports) HD Subscription, Phone Line with Free Evenings & Weekend calls and Unlimited upto 20meg Broadband. Not too bad :).

Sky HD with Sports is about £50 a month.
That's not including phone/broadband/any other packages.

Virgin Media is a better option if you're in a cable area.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back