1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Marshal Killed At Canadian Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 10, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. RIP to that man! Sad sad news indeed :(

3. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

How did we not hear of it during the broadcast?
    Very sad... RIP

4. He died on Canadian night.

Very sad indeed :(

5. That MAN had a name. Out of respect they shouldn't have reported news as ¨unnamed marshal¨.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Maybe they wanted to speak to the family and relatives first desisti

7. Bram is correct. Imagine them seeing on a web page the title ''Marshall killed at Canadian GP'' and the name of their husband/father/son in the text. They wanted to tell it softly. I saw his name somewhere, but since they don't want to announce it, I will accept and respect the decision and not mention it.

8. :(

9. It's basically been said already but I feel like making it obvious, it's out of respect that they post the news without a name, respect for the family and friends.

10. Shocked to see this news today :-(. As the race was taking place Martin Brundle commented on how he hates to see the cranes by the track as the cars are still racing, but to think this tragic accident would take place is so sad. R.I.P

11. Very very sad indeed.

12. Sad day for Motor Sport. RIP

13. Its called respect my friend. I could of published a name. But its not my place to say it.

14. They never say the name until the next of kin is informed and then it's up to the family to give the name.
    It makes me sad that someone had to die for what he loves doing and what most likely was his hobby (I don't know how marshals get picked). R.I.P. my friend a sad day for the motorsport and the Canadian grandprix and all the best to the family in these hard times.

15. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Very sad news. What a horrible day.
    RIP

16. Maybe the family don't want it published? To stop the press from harassing them that's what i would do.

17. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'm from Montreal and i just read that the family asked not his name to be publish, they will also not comment the tragedy and ask that their private life is respected. Rest in peace :(

18. The Marshals and other workers are the unsung heros of raceing. May God welcome him home!

• Like Like x 1
  19. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Its with great sadness that I read of this tragedy.
    Condolences to the family.
    I was at the Melbourne GP of 2001 when Mr Beveridge was killed.
    The drivers were noticeably sombre at the podium there and no champagne was issued. Schumacher made mention of him and passed condolences in the post race interview. I guess his fate was not known by this stage at Montreal.
    I hope his family are ok.

20. This accident took place about the same time the podium celebration was starting. So the drivers/teams would not have known about it until after the podium celebrations ended.