Mark Webber

As a Mark Webber fan I loved the tribute, even if quality and text font/colour weren't the best.

I think Webber is more talented then Barrichello but got a decent seat way too late in hes career.

Barrichello has had a race winning seat 7 years after he made it to F1, just as Webber. Now you are still right in the way that Webber came to F1 slightly older than Barrichello, and had much more experience(F3000, Le Mans with Mercedes, etc).

I dont compare Barrichello and Webber. Rubens was submissive to the whims of the team, giving shumi places and wins. Webber is too much of a jerkass to do any of that. But, you have to be a jerkass to be successful in F1.....

I dont compare Barrichello and Webber. Rubens was submissive to the whims of the team, giving shumi places and wins. Webber is too much of a jerkass to do any of that. But, you have to be a jerkass to be successful in F1.....

Jerkass?
He sticks up for himself. Nothing wrong with that.
Proves he has a backbone

Eh, you can say what you want but jensen dominated him that year, favourtism was slight at best.

In the first season half, when the Brawn was shining, yes. In the second season half, when the Brawn was stuck behind Red Bulls, and sometimes McLarens and Ferraris, Barrichello had a clear edge over Button. People tend to forget that, as for many 2009=Brawn domination=Button taking 6 of the first 7 GPs.

After the Turkish GP(7th GP out of 17), gap between Button and Barrichello was 26 points. It was down to 14 after the Italian GP(13th/17), mainly thanks to two wins for Barrichello(Valencia and Monza). They ended the season with a 18 points gap only, mainly due to a puncture for Barrichello at his home GP, while as far as I remember Button didn't have any major problem while being in position to score points(only DNF was at Spa, because of the first lap pile-up, but his poor qualifying session meant that he probably wasn't going to make it to the top 8).

So that shows when's it's a clear 1 on 1 battle button destroyed him, when they get in the pack it becomes more even, you could say though by mid season button could of been playing it safe from then on because the gap was so huge.

Then we definitely have a different definition of "destroying" someone.

Remember that Barrichello was only good for trash for most observers after 2008, due to 3 miserable seasons with Honda. Next year he got 3rd at the championship, after having a go at the title during the second season half. This allowed him to re-launch his career, by getting a seat in the 3rd most successful teams of all times. Did he really get destroyed in that very 2009 season? Hmm.

Well, if he got destroyed, then I have no words for what is happening to poor Webber this season... Holy, 3 wins behind his teammate at half-way, while Barrichello was only 2 at the end of the 2009. Yet the Aussie is still 2nd at the championship? (back on topic)

(and just FTR, Button's results from round 8 to 15: 6th, 5th, 7th, 7th, DNF(from 14th on the grid), 2nd, 5th, 8th. Strange way to play it safe for someone with 2 championship contenders from 25 to 15 points away from him - with the old points system. Guy was so "safe" he almost had to wait until the last race, despite winning 6 races out of the 7 first ones. Nah. He had genuine troubles with the Brawn(IIRC, couldn't get the tyres into temperature in cold conditions, and persistant graining in hot), which Barrichello managed to overcome in a more efficient way).

Yann what I ment was, button destroyed him when the car was in a league of it's own and there only competition was each other(hence 1 v 1), by the time the car fell back the grid button was basically in defence mode as a title in that year was soo crucial to reserecting he's failing career(mostly due to bad luck with team choice).The fact Rubens didn't notch any wins untill after this period kind of proves my theory.

Jerkass?
He sticks up for himself. Nothing wrong with that.
Proves he has a backbone
Agreed 100%
I've been following Webber since around the time he won in F3000 in Monaco and flipped the M/Benz in Le Mans.
He is is own man not a grey corporate figure.
But I have not seen him behave badly- ever.
He is a top athlete and driver, has dominated every team mate significantly until now ending several careers. Its taken Vettel to better him and only by the finest of margins last year, and some people reckon Vettel is pretty good.
Thats not a jerkass, Sorry but poor choice of words or lack of knowledge.

Mark Webber has extended his contract with the Red Bull team to the end of the 2012 season.

The Australian, 35 on Saturday, had been mulling his future but has decided he wants to continue in Formula 1 for at least another season.

Webber said: "I want to continue racing at the top in F1 so it's a no-brainer to remain at Red Bull for another year.

"My motivation to achieve the best results possible for both myself and the team is still very high."

Next year will be Webber's fourth at Red Bull alongside world champion Sebastian Vettel, and his sixth overall with the team he joined from Williams in 2007.

"Over the past five years, we have worked hard and proved that we can design and build a competitive and championship-winning car, and I'm looking forward to putting the car and myself on the limit again each and every race weekend in 2012."

full story from bbc.co.uk

That's by far the best decision for RB

There isn't really anybody that could easily outpace Webber.
Except for the first few races this season he was always on pace with Vettel, just a bit unlucky on the crucial moments of the races ;)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back