1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mark Webber Leaves Formula 1 for Porsche

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 27, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Can't believe Webber has gone - probably best thing he could do though as he will ALWAYS be a number two at Red Bull.

Shame really.

Kimi to replace him? Would he want to be a number two though? or would he take the challenge to Vettel haha

3. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Kimi would definitely take the challenge to Seb, and I think he would come out on top :)

4. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

Challenging Vettel would not be that easy. No matter everyone says its about the car, they dont have a clue, that a world champion is not becoming cause of the car. Once okay, but twice? He is damn good! Three times in row? He is bloody fast and clever! Kimi or Alonso or Hamilton or Button at the end, would be surprised from Vettel speed and driving smart.

About Webber .. its a shame but he refused to fight or couldnt, so thats it :/

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Or ending up punching him in the face as he wanted to do with Perez :roflmao:

I think RBR will go with Ricciardo as he is much younger and fits the Red Bull marketing profile better.

Nice to see Webber back at Le Mans though, good move for him

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kimi would tell Redbull to shutup he knows what he is doing and that wouldnt sit well with Horner and Co so i dont think Kimi would want to be in the shadow of Vettel.Ricciardo will prob step up

7. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

reasonable one

8. :(

:D

Ends and new beginnings. I hope Mark crushes the opposition at Le Mans!

I have nothing more to say, really... Except that I reckon Kimi won't go to RBR. He has no reason to leave Lotus, who have treated him very well and have given him a good car.

9. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Dam you Eddie Jordan. 2 for 2.

10. Good news! Porsche gets excellent driver for their Le Mans project.

11. Worst kept secret right there.

LMP1 Is going to be more exciting than usual with Porsche around. Lets just hope Mark can keep all 4 wheels on the ground this time, mmkay?

12. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

So now the fun begins.
    If Red Bull take Kimi, they are going to have an interesting time, he won't take bullshit, and won't be scared from talking about it.
    And now to see if the Toro Rosso team is still doing its job properly.

13. Good to see webber back at Le Mans!
    From Kimi I don't see any important reason to leave Lotus, but who knows at the end..

14. Yeah, a few of us who pay attention to the world outside of F1 knew this was happening about 2 months ago :-D I know the RLM guys aren't ones to go into 'smug mode', but I think they've earned the right this time, especially as they were roundly savaged by the 'established' motorsport press. Good job guys! And yeah, welcome back to the real world Mark ;-)

15. Craig Renard

Craig Renard
    " That Driver Was Orchestrated "

Totaly agree with the whole ' he has the best car thing' the guy has some serious speed and is a smart racer. I give credit where credits due

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sad news for F1, but I think good news for Webber.
    I will definitely miss him next year. Imo when it comes down to wheel-to-wheel racing, Webber is one of the best on the grid.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Agree His best move is over Alonso at Eau - Rouge in 2011.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I happy he's moving on because he wss nothing more than a toy for Red Bull.

19. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

All the best to Mark. I hope, he is doing better than 1999.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Logically it is probably likely to be a Toro Rosso driver. However I would like to see how Paul Di Resta would do in a top car.