Marcus Ericsson

So did I, and going by your measures I think there's a few more that does not belong in F1:
Kobayashi, Kimi and Vettel to name a few.

Vettel and Kimi are world champions, which automatically invalidate your argument.

Kobayashi smashed Ericsson all year.

But I see you're from Sweden, so I can understand that you're looking at this with blue and yellow blinkers on. However, nothing you say will make me believe he's good enough and override the evidence we've witnessed this year.

Vettel and Kimi are world champions, which automatically invalidate your argument.

Kobayashi smashed Ericsson all year.

But I see you're from Sweden, so I can understand that you're looking at this with blue and yellow blinkers on. However, nothing you say will make me believe he's good enough and override the evidence we've witnessed this year.
I'm not from Sweden, I live here but I'm from Norway. I don't believe ME is world champion material either, but to say he doesn't belong in F1 because he struggles to compete in a piece of s**t car is strong words.
I have not seen Koba smash him all year, on the contrary I've seen ME beating Koba in the last few races, and not by a little.
Again, Ricciardo have smashed Vettel all year long, so I guess Vettel doesn't belong in F1 either, I'm just applying your logic here....

I'm not from Sweden, I live here but I'm from Norway. I don't believe ME is world champion material either, but to say he doesn't belong in F1 because he struggles to compete in a piece of s**t car is strong words.
I have not seen Koba smash him all year, on the contrary I've seen ME beating Koba in the last few races, and not by a little.
Again, Ricciardo have smashed Vettel all year long, so I guess Vettel doesn't belong in F1 either, I'm just applying your logic here....

Maybe I should draw pictures... :whistling:

Come on guys, keep it civil...

ME did not look good against two drivers that had never diven an F1 car before in their lives... That alone shows me he is not F1 material.

We all know that in f1 nowadays its 80% car and 20% driver. I'm not saying Ericsson is on par with Bottas but one cannot say that he is solely responsible for his poor results this year.

We all know that in f1 nowadays its 80% car and 20% driver. I'm not saying Ericsson is on par with Bottas but one cannot say that he is solely responsible for his poor results this year.

Except that he's slower than every driver that's driven the same car, including rookies who do one-off races with no experience in the car whatsoever.

Well, neither of the two Sauber drivers have earned a single point this year so I cannot see much room for improvement for team or driver( Ericsson ) anyway. I only hope that Sutil stays in F1, he is a very exciting driver when given a proper car.

ME.PNG

Yeah he has CLEARLY been outperformed in EVERY race this season.........
I'm done arguing this anyhow, I frankly don't care if he stays in F1 or not and cba wasting energy on arguing over him.

Well, what we can see in this picture is: Kamui outperformed Marcus 7 times, while Marcus outperformed Kamui only 4 times and was also beaten by both "guest drivers".
(that last part is not exactly in this picture but everyone that follows F1 knows that it happened...)

Oh and for Qualifying: KOBAYASHI 11:5 ERICSSON

Last edited:
When he got Caterham to abandon the poor joke brake recovery systems that he hated driving with, and that nearly put Koba in the wall a couple of times, his times have improved greatly.

He has also shown a lot more confidence.

Having followed his carreer i know he is a good driver, much much better than Chilton, IF he has material he trusts and can work with. In Sauber he will get a car that is not 100% worthless, so i think he might suprise some of you :)

Hopefully he gets to bring Charlie along as chief mech... Those two work really good together.

Kobayashi has a few years of F1 Experience, that must have helped. Maybe when Marcus is in a better environment with no administration looming over or struggling for pace, we can see how good he is hopefully ;)

This says in what state the Sauber F1 team is.

Edit: Or F1 in general.

Edit 2: You can downrate my posts however much you want, but he simply is there cause of money. He has never driven good in none of the classes he has been in.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back