Mapping Wheel Buttons/Controls

Is there anyway I can map the wheel buttons to act as keyboard strokes to save me having to work with both when I'm rallying?

The options screen only allows thinks like throttle, Clutch etc but not keyboard strokes like Enter, up arrow, down arrow etc.

Pete

Unfortunately, I believe the answer is no. In game you need the keyboard to move through the menus, and with RSRBR to use the CamHack and Dll programs etc. It is a pain but.....................

If I'm wrong I would GLADLY hear from others is it would be easier if we could remap them.

I am working on making a switch panel right now that will take the place of the keyboard while I'm in RBR but I need either someone that can re-program a keyboard for me or I have to find a "mechanical" keyboard to run wires from to toggle switches and buttons on a panel mounted in my rig.

'f anyone can come up with a better system I'd love to hear them as i am struggling.

Unfortunately, I believe the answer is no. In game you need the keyboard to move through the menus, and with RSRBR to use the CamHack and Dll programs etc. It is a pain but.....................

If I'm wrong I would GLADLY hear from others is it would be easier if we could remap them.

I am working on making a switch panel right now that will take the place of the keyboard while I'm in RBR but I need either someone that can re-program a keyboard for me or I have to find a "mechanical" keyboard to run wires from to toggle switches and buttons on a panel mounted in my rig.

'f anyone can come up with a better system I'd love to hear them as i am struggling.

Roy Visser gave me this information - will give it a shot later:

If Richard Burns Does not recognize te buttons on the wheel, you can always try a program called Joy to Key, you can then assign the buttons on the wheel to keys on your keyboard, which RBR will work with

Pete

This wee piece of software appears to map buttons ok but I've not yet found out how to get it to map the D Pad on my Fanatec GT2 Wheel just yet.

Pete

you need to figure out what button numbers corespond to the D pad to be able to set joytokey, if you try configuring something in Dirt 2 with the D pad it will tell you the button number for up/down/left/right.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back