• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Mapping game functions to keyboard

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Miguel Gonzalez, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +331
    Hello, i just recently bought Assetto corsa for my racing rig and i'm trying to get everything working with my VR setup. I'm still tweaking my graphics and position settings but i can't find options in the control mapping section to put certain commands on my wheel buttons. For example is there a way to bind escape or menu to a controller button? From my rig i have access to my mouse but not normally my Keyboard. I'm in the process of making a button box as well and my goal would be to map all my options between my wheel/box so that i can navigate all menus and settings with my headset on with no need for the keyboard or mouse. I'm considering getting a trackball mouse i can mount somewhere on the rig so i don't have extra cables hanging around or having to move a physical mouse around while strapped in. Is there a way to do all that from inside the game settings or is there a config file or something i'll have to tamper with?

Thanks

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2

Ratings:
    +25
    There are tools like joy2key you could use

3. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +42
    I second that, joy2key is a must have.

4. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +331
    Damn, that hadn't crossed my mind. I'll give that a go! Thanks :)