• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Mapping game functions to keyboard

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Miguel Gonzalez, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +329
    Hello, i just recently bought Assetto corsa for my racing rig and i'm trying to get everything working with my VR setup. I'm still tweaking my graphics and position settings but i can't find options in the control mapping section to put certain commands on my wheel buttons. For example is there a way to bind escape or menu to a controller button? From my rig i have access to my mouse but not normally my Keyboard. I'm in the process of making a button box as well and my goal would be to map all my options between my wheel/box so that i can navigate all menus and settings with my headset on with no need for the keyboard or mouse. I'm considering getting a trackball mouse i can mount somewhere on the rig so i don't have extra cables hanging around or having to move a physical mouse around while strapped in. Is there a way to do all that from inside the game settings or is there a config file or something i'll have to tamper with?

Thanks

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2

Ratings:
    +13
    There are tools like joy2key you could use

3. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +39
    I second that, joy2key is a must have.

4. Miguel Gonzalez

Miguel Gonzalez

Ratings:
    +329
    Damn, that hadn't crossed my mind. I'll give that a go! Thanks :)