Manual shifting in the older cars – gears getting stuck

At the risk of embarrassing myself to death here: How do I properly shift manually in the older cars like the Capri, Omega 3000 etc. without getting stuck in a certain gear when shifting up or down? I was of the mind that I'm not a noob anymore after years of sim racing in LFS, GTR 1+2, GT Legends, GSC/AMS and now R3E – but now again I feel like one. :notworthy:

So what's the secret of properly shifting besides the correct use of the clutch and heel & toe in R3E? Am I shifting too fast, probably? The problem is that there's no feedback in the sim where I could be at fault. Help or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Check if you have in controls-advanced set h-stick to ON... Other than that no special needs for shifting in r3e..
Throttle of/clutch on - shift - cluch of/throttle on.... With optional (necessary if you aim for speed) throttle blip on downshift
Unless you damaged gearbox

Thanks, that's exactly been it! :) I always had the h-shifting set off.

It's a bit complicated to always set that up according to the car you'll be driving next – is there an option so that R3E does that automatically? I guess not ...

Thanks, that's exactly been it! :) I always had the h-shifting set off.

It's a bit complicated to always set that up according to the car you'll be driving next – is there an option so that R3E does that automatically? I guess not ...
yep .. I suggested while ago to move this setting and also Autoclutch to garage setup where steering settings are .. to be more accessible ... or even better make it automatic .. you have H-Stick conected (gear mapped to separate controler outputs),clutch mapped to pedal and you have auto set gearbox mode checked, game will automatically switch between paddles(seq) and H-Stick and autoclutch based on car

Maybe it is something devs are already working on .. would make sense

Check if you have in controls-advanced set h-stick to ON... Other than that no special needs for shifting in r3e..
Throttle of/clutch on - shift - cluch of/throttle on.... With optional (necessary if you aim for speed) throttle blip on downshift
Unless you damaged gearbox
Using H manual gear and manual clutch doesn't make much difference. I don't know if my installation has some problem, but with those settings and real mode there is no miss shift even if I don't press the clutch. Also heel and toe doesn't matter as the back don't brake loose even with agressive downshifting. I've tested on BMW M1 procar and DTM 1992. Any suggestions?
I'm using a T500rs, 599xx add on and TH8rs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%