Manual installs of cars in Stock Car Extreme

Track installs are a breeze, except for a few I couldn't get to work, but car installs are a bit more tricky.
I'm trying to install Patrick's grea Caterham 500's. Here's the files after extracting:
Caterham 500 files.jpg

My question is where does everything go., especially the Template,Plr settings and graphics files. If I manual install the files at least I can go back to where I was if something doesn't work. If I just drop the files in, sometime I can't find them again to take them out.
I'm sure its easy If you've done it a few time, but so far I've only put the A364 tribute cars in and that took me a few tries. Plus everything is working so good now, I don't want to screw it up!

Oh boy. :D

The Template is a template for the car if you wish to do your own skins, so disregard that. Same goes for the JPEG's, they appear to be guides or suggestions(?), much like the realfeel settings.

For the GameData and rFm just drop the files in the respective game folders.

Oh boy. :D

The Template is a template for the car if you wish to do your own skins, so disregard that. Same goes for the JPEG's, they appear to be guides or suggestions(?), much like the realfeel settings.

For the GameData and rFm just drop the files in the respective game folders.
Track installs are a breeze, except for a few I couldn't get to work, but car installs are a bit more tricky.
I'm trying to install Patrick's grea Caterham 500's. Here's the files after extracting:
View attachment 106227
My question is where does everything go., especially the Template,Plr settings and graphics files. If I manual install the files at least I can go back to where I was if something doesn't work. If I just drop the files in, sometime I can't find them again to take them out.
I'm sure its easy If you've done it a few time, but so far I've only put the A364 tribute cars in and that took me a few tries. Plus everything is working so good now, I don't want to screw it up!

I use Generic Mod Enabler, it's a small program that takes care of copying files into a game's directory and back, including keeping backups of overwritten files so you can properly uninstall mods. It's a handy little tool to have.

yhOc3zQ.png

Of course, using those programs is handy but he was asking how to go about it manually. Manually isn't bad either, doesn't take long at all especially if you can unzip into the directory directly.

I use Generic Mod Enabler, it's a small program that takes care of copying files into a game's directory and back, including keeping backups of overwritten files so you can properly uninstall mods. It's a handy little tool to have.

yhOc3zQ.png
Can I use this mod even if I already have several mods installed (ie. if I run GME, will it recognize the mods I already have)? How do I set this up? TIA.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%