PC1 Manual Gear Changing

Does anyone have the same problem as me?
When I spin off and come to a stop, In most cases the engine cuts out. To restart it I have to select neutral press the button on my wheel to start the engine. (set to auto start in settings).
In order to continue I have to then select 1st gear with the gear shifter then I can go back to using the paddle shifters, this is costing me a great deal of time and end up being last. Same thing happens on the starting grid I have to start with gear shifter to start then I can use paddles.
Is this normal or is there some setting to change this.
I have a G27
settings are separate pedals, manual gear change.
Would appreciate some help with this, as I do spin off a lot.

press clutch so your engine doesn`t stall when you spin .. and as long as you are on clutch there is no need for netural for starting engine if it stalls .. just drive it like real car and you`ll be fine (with heel and tow as extra as you probably don`t use that in your every day driver :) ) ...

I have a T100 and also have set to auto start and use only manual gears. I do not seem to have that problem when I spin out occasionally. To reduce the likelyhood of a spin, you might want to slow down the downshifting, make the gear slightly taller, or adjust the brake bias forward gradually. Oh, I just realized that you are probably using a PC given that you have a G27. Perhaps someone with a PC can answer better,. I have a PS4.

press clutch so your engine doesn`t stall when you spin .. and as long as you are on clutch there is no need for netural for starting engine if it stalls .. just drive it like real car and you`ll be fine (with heel and tow as extra as you probably don`t use that in your every day driver :) ) ...
but why when driving a car that is paddle shift do I have to start a race using the gear lever before I can then revert back to using paddle shift.

Clutch usage depends on the type of car you're driving. If you're driving a race car with a sequential transmission, you will need to use the clutch to start and perhaps when downshifting if you're not blipping the throttle. And just like in a real car, if you spin and come to a stop without the clutch engaged, the engine will cut off. If you're in a car with a full dual clutch system then you don't need the clutch at all. It all comes down to knowing the car you're driving.. Or just use auto clutch. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back