Manor take another step towards Australian GP grid

PAPhoto4srl_578569.jpg

The Manor Grand Prix team has made another significant step towards being on the grid at next week's opening grand prix of the 2015 season in Australia, after passing the mandatory FIA crash tests with their revised 2014 car they will race in the first half of the season.

The Marussia team appeared to be dead and buried at the end of last year, with the team missing the final few races after going into an administration that forced significant job losses throughout the team. The team are now well on the road to a miraculous comeback, rising from the ashes this year to securing a sizeable £30 million investment from team owner and energy businessman Stephen Fitzpatrick.

The team appear to have made significant progress during the early months of this year, with their revised 2014 MR03 chassis now all set to compete in the Australian Grand Prix next weekend. It's not clear at this point what of the old infrastructure in terms of personnel remains with the team, although the team appear all set to compete in this year's Formula One World Championship.

On the driving front the team currently has signed ex-Caterham driver Will Stevens, with a second driver likely to be confirmed by the team in the coming days. It's rare that such a feel good story engulfs the F1 paddock, although the rise of the Manor F1 team will be something that brings a smile to everyone in the F1 paddock once they convene in Australia.

What are your thoughts on this feel good story? Please feel free to comment below.

• Deleted member 161052

With just 6 days left to the Aussie GP weekend - in my opinion they're in a rush to select the 2nd driver.

It'd really be nice to see them get some kind of points this year.
Hopefully a drive like the one Jules did at Monaco this past season, is in the cards.
It hopefully would net them enough money to stay alive.
I hate seeing teams leave F1.
Williams were looking 'sketchy' a few years back and I was glad to see them bounce back.
I was really hoping Caterham would have a buyer with deep-pockets.

Frijns definitely has the talent to earn an F1 drive he doesn't come with any funding however which could be a big stumbling block for the Manor team I expect them to take another driver who can bring a significant budget to the team

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back