Manor in talk with Mercedes over 2016 engine deal

Be honest: Six months ago, did most of the F1 fanbase expect Manor to not only be running, but steadily gaining sponsors and support, consistently finishing races, with both rookie drivers pushing each other over the course of the season, and now negotiating a new engine deal with Mercedes?
No we didn't and I don't think the engine will make much difference after currently using a Ferrari one.
Let's be honest i don't see Manor being in the sport for that long. I'd like them to be in the sport but realistically I don't think they will. Especially if Haas joins and completely wipes them out.

Last year's Ferrari one is still way better than the Honda, or Renault unit so I don't think that is why they are slow.
They are slow because they entered a season with a box on wheels compared to anyone else and 2 drivers that in all honesty will never grab a race win because they aren't very good.
That Team is Flawed in my opinion.

Last year's Ferrari one is still way better than the Honda, or Renault unit so I don't think that is why they are slow.
They are slow because they entered a season with a box on wheels compared to anyone else and 2 drivers that in all honesty will never grab a race win because they aren't very good.
That Team is Flawed in my opinion.
Well they did manage to beat Sauber and Caterham last year with that box on wheels. The car is now simply outdated, but they don't care as they had no time or money to develop a new one, and this one is well within the 107% for now. Next year they'll improve.

Mercedes would be willing to negotiate with them, of course, since they're not a race-winning threat, unlike Red Bull would be if they had the same engine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back