1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man Utd wins Champions League final 2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, May 28, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

So topic is up. Let the match begin :)

Go get them Van der Sar!!
  2. Majestic messi/iniesta/xavi/pedro

Just brillant, a joy to watch.
  3. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I didn't watch. I decided F1 on iPlayer was much better :D
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Was an excellent game. Brilliant play from time to time by FCB!
    Feel sorry for Edwin though..
  5. question is how do you shutdown barca....

Man utd did nothing wrong in all honesty, they covered and defended well, if they had pressed barca would have had a field day.
  6. The first two goals for Barca came from a lack of marking. No-one followed Pedro into the box for the first and Messi was given 5 yards when he received the ball to score the second. I think if United had closed down quicker and had someone to specifically mark Messi, those goals could have been prevented. Everytime United got the ball, Barca were all over them and most of the time, they only had time for one touch. It was because United were chasing the game that Barca got the 3rd.
  7. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

United were awful, Park was only on the pitch to close down players - and he didn't do that once. Was a sublime performace by Barca, proving they are in a different league to everyone else.
  8. Not sure what game you were watching then because at one point in the 1st half he closed down and tackled 2 players in the space of 5 seconds, as well as the several other times he done so.