Malaysia Sepang GP Circuit

Tracks Malaysia Sepang GP Circuit v1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Malaysia Sepang GP Circuit - Complete Texture and Design Update with DRS

Hi Guys

Here we have my 3rd track upload, the famous and fast Sepang GP Circuit. Known for it's fast corners and good overtaking places this is also my favorite track list.

When I first got this track I honestly did not think that it would be possible to convert so that it looks like something decent.

This track was in a very poor state with most of the textures being so blurry, then some were totally wrong I had no choice but to replace every single one.

Just over 350 new textures this...

Read more about this resource...

Hey mate!

Will you upgrade track for night races? Because i's inpossible to race at night at this track.

And does this track support AMS features like progressive racing line?

Anyway, good work :)

ba652665ef203f6bb03343bbf39ad14a.png

Hey mate!

Will you upgrade track for night races? Because i's inpossible to race at night at this track.

And does this track support AMS features like progressive racing line?

Anyway, good work :)

ba652665ef203f6bb03343bbf39ad14a.png

If someone is willing to help I would be happy to update. As for me I don't know how to add lights and as for the skies I tried so many different setup varieties with night skies and this is the only one that works with the track as it is.
On the main page I have asked for help to improve the track and hopefully someone will take interest in the track and help make some final tweaks.
As for the racing I've tried several different cars and each time no problems with AI and the racing has being very good.

Thanks for post and don't forget to review the track, that's only if you like it and want to.

Will keep you updated, regards ClimaxF1

Last edited:
Me again,
same problem as with Singapore. Don't load it.

Salutation
Kalle

This time I included the commonmapsgsc map file in the download. Several guys have sent me private messages and all are working fine.

Did you install the commonmapsgsc mas file in the download because this should be a quick install.

I'm not at my computer now and will only be able to check later but I honestly wouldn't know what the problem is on your side because even the guy from WCP who gave us Abu Dhabi most recently and the guys at EEC have no problems with track.

Will let you know if I find something.

Last edited:
Me again,
same problem as with Singapore. Don't load it.

Salutation
Kalle

So I just tested it, first I deleted the track and commonmapsgsc files that I already had on my computer, from the the download I installed the commonmapsgsc mas file and the track and it loads first time no problem.

I even downloaded the commonmapsgsc file from xtremefactor.es to see if maybe I left something out but there is only one file and that's the commonmapsgsc mas file that I have included.

Like I said before I've only had good feedback and no problems what so ever with the track so I honestly don't know what's the problem on your side.

Are you running the latest version of AMS but even if not I don't see the problem being there.

The files are setup for quick installation, make sure that you are installing them in the correct place.

The commonmapsgsc mas file goes into locations and so does the Malaysia track.

Let me know, I really hope you come right because the track is worth it.

Exactly, and that was the mistake.
Thank you for your work and for Malaysia.

Salutation
Kalle

ClimaxF1 updated Malaysia Sepang GP Circuit with a new update entry:

File allocation fix

Hi Guys

No one picked up on this problem because probably everyone has the commonmapsGSC file already installed.

Thanks to kalle4444 who noticed the problem and used the support section like a normal person would and thank you for that.

Anyway I've re-uploaded the track with the commonmapGSC file in the correct place.

If you already downloaded the track...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Exactly, and that was the mistake.
Thank you for your work and for Malaysia.

Salutation
Kalle

I had to upload the track again with the file fix. Silly of me, here I'm explaining to you what the problem could be yet I had the download wrong. Anyway, all is fixed and I'm glad that I could help so that can enjoy the track.

Thanks for the heads up as well and using the support section.

Have fun :)

^^ Maybe using several exclamation points will make people listen more....said no one ever. Do you know how much work it is to add people in the stands?

@ClimaxF1 Very nice track, mate. Why not use AMS skies? I modded the track a bit. Removed the shared.mas, commonmapsGSE.mas, and all of the unnecessary sky & cloud mas files. Looks great! ;)
604FFF44E424DC860CD84C5A8145A57EB5F0CB60

^^ Maybe using several exclamation points will make people listen more....said no one ever. Do you know how much work it is to add people in the stands?

@ClimaxF1 Very nice track, mate. Why not use AMS skies? I modded the track a bit. Removed the shared.mas, commonmapsGSE.mas, and all of the unnecessary sky & cloud mas files. Looks great! ;)
It would be good to have a howto to upgrade by rfactortools converted tracks to your specifications, with AMS sky and without GSC commonmaps. Certainly interesting for many people here, including me.;)

Hi there

Looks very nice, maybe you could mail me a small tutorial has to how you did this via the conversation. I'm no track expert and would be interested as how one does this. This could also be part of the next update where I have someone helping me with night races.

"Maybe using several exclamation points will make people listen more...."

I'm glad that you mention this because some people just don't understand the amount of work that goes into a track and also don't read the main page properly where I have clearly stated:

"If you like this track your review would be highly appreciated but please remember that I have not changed or added any objects, altered the layout or the mechanics of this track"

Yet they choose to ignore this and rate you poorly. Not to mention that if you were to actually try a race instead of a quick test you will notice that this track has probably some of the best crowds AMS has to offer.

In the end I just want to produce the best possible track that I'm capable of so that people can hopefully enjoy the track as much as I do. That's all that matters!

I definitely understand what it takes to make AMS tracks, and I understand I am not capable of doing it all. Plus there are no modding tutorials. I did find an AMS Skies tutorial a long time ago that works. It is not "technically" perfect but it makes very perfect looking AMS skies.

I will PM you and Seb above.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years