Making the gas pedal heavier? - Suggestions please

Joakim Stensnæs

Cetrez Nitor Velox
Hey everyone o/

For the past few months I've been really enjoying my CSL Elite pedals, love the load cell brake, awesome set. Though I would really like to try and make the gas pedal a bit heavier. Any suggestions how to do this without too much hassel?

I know Jimmy Broadbent has been using his 'signature' stress ball. Maybe this is a good solution to try it out. Any other suggestions?

Regards

i see is a torsion spring, thats a tough one, you need to ""shorten"" the free extreme where the load is aplicated on the spring or preload with a closer angle on the spring, dont know if easy possible.

Upvote 0
I've tried making my throttle pedal heavier by using several variations of the squash ball mod and honestly, I didn't like the feeling at all - too "spongy" and with a very uncertain full throttle feeling. Not sure how stress ball feels, but squash ball, even a cut up one, was not a good feel. It's great for brakes, but for throttle...couldn't do it.

Then again my pedals are a joke compared to CSL Elites (or any real pedals really), so maybe it feels completely different with proper pedals.

Upvote 0
Bump - Any new suggestions?

I might actually try and get to the spring and see if I can tighten it, but the CSL Elites are not made for that sort of customization unfortunally. Might void the arrenty too, so not sure.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back