• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Making the gas pedal heavier? - Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Joakim Stensnæs, May 17, 2017.

1. Joakim Stensnæs

Joakim Stensnæs
    Simracing non?-rookie Premium

Ratings:
    +71
    Hey everyone o/

For the past few months I've been really enjoying my CSL Elite pedals, love the load cell brake, awesome set. Though I would really like to try and make the gas pedal a bit heavier. Any suggestions how to do this without too much hassel?

I know Jimmy Broadbent has been using his 'signature' stress ball. Maybe this is a good solution to try it out. Any other suggestions?

Regards

2. 3ller

3ller

Ratings:
    +20
    try to preload the spring if you have room for it or mount it on a higher position, less leverage stronger pedal.

3. Joakim Stensnæs

Joakim Stensnæs

Ratings:
    +71
    The CSL Elite does not really allow any adjustment to the springs, unfortunally.

4. 3ller

3ller

Ratings:
    +20
    i see is a torsion spring, thats a tough one, you need to ""shorten"" the free extreme where the load is aplicated on the spring or preload with a closer angle on the spring, dont know if easy possible.

5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,024
    I've tried making my throttle pedal heavier by using several variations of the squash ball mod and honestly, I didn't like the feeling at all - too "spongy" and with a very uncertain full throttle feeling. Not sure how stress ball feels, but squash ball, even a cut up one, was not a good feel. It's great for brakes, but for throttle...couldn't do it.

Then again my pedals are a joke compared to CSL Elites (or any real pedals really), so maybe it feels completely different with proper pedals.

6. Joakim Stensnæs

Joakim Stensnæs

Ratings:
    +71
    Bump - Any new suggestions?

I might actually try and get to the spring and see if I can tighten it, but the CSL Elites are not made for that sort of customization unfortunally. Might void the arrenty too, so not sure.

7. DefiniteTmn

DefiniteTmn

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't tried this myself (yet), but... Try swapping the clutch and gas pedal, since the clutch is quite a bit heavier to push down

8. MarpanX

MarpanX
    Premium

Ratings:
    +13
    Has anyone done any diy solution to solve the this, I'm also interested in these pedals but am afraid the gas and clutch will be too soft...