GT5 Making the Controls More Forgiving?

I've noticed that the game is very sim-oriented, and while I don't normally mind a tough sim, it does make the game extremely difficult while using a standard controller. Other games make a sort of auto-correction that allows you to turn just enough for a corner because controller inputs can be less-than-precise. The way the game is, driving a twitchy car is almost impossible, because it tends to turn too far on easy corners, with mid-turn corrections usually disastrous.

So, my question is: Is there any sort of option in GT5 that I can activate to make these kind of compensations? I can live without it, but it would make the game far more enjoyable for me.

Use the driving aids like traction/stability control, or try tuning your car to be less twitchy. That's about all you can do, as there are no options for customising the actual sensitivity of the controller itself, even if you use a wheel. And speaking of which, if you have the cash then I would definitely get a wheel for this game. So worth it.

Skid force recovery, active controls all make a big difference, turn them on in the driving options before a race and it should make things a lot easier, not necessarily faster though, but easier. Skid force will make you faster, the others may make the car easier to drive at the cost of potencial speed, though in some cases a car may be too unbalanced and those usually become a lot faster with aids...

It obviously varies from car to car, and even from track to track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back