1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Make track that fit on a terrain

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Mud-H, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Hello! I'm a new BTB user and I have past my last days learning the tool and making tracks for a game I'm working one. I really like it but the only thing I didn't figure out yet is how to make the tracks fit better directly with my game terrain. My game used 2 different type of tracks: short looped and long segment road. For the short looped it's not a problem because the terrain is small for the longer one, it get more complicated.
    I'm just wondering if someone have a method to share to help building the track over a terrain layout. I tried importing the terrain but it's not very good in BTB editor (I still have to experiment more with it). Today, I will try something else by creating a track copy with a terrain segment that I will use to generate a heightmap in 3ds max which I would merge with my terrain (I use World Machine for terrains). I think it could allow me to create a terrain to fit on the track (instead of current attempts to make a track to fit a terrain).
    Anyway, I just want to know if I'm missing something that could help. I still don't quite understand the laser feature, could it be usefull if I can create a DEM from my terrain HeightMap?
    Thanks for any suggestions...