Make some confessions about yourself in this thread.

I have the earliest symptoms of alzheimer. Sometimes i forget things that normal people would never. I even forget about this forum sometimes.

Currently getting a treatment, hopefully it might keep my memory more steady.

I have the earliest symptoms of alzheimer. Sometimes i forget things that normal people would never. I even forget about this forum sometimes.

Currently getting a treatment, hopefully it might keep my memory more steady.
God bless you mate.

Ive lost a fair few members of my family to this condition, and it pains me to think of anyone else going through it.
Thankfully, treatments are getting better and there is a glimmer of hope now, so you have my prayers sent for you!

I feel I need to work more on being respectful to women and treating them like my equals.

For many men, it's difficult when our lack of respect for females is mostly subconscious, and, I want to break that subconscious prejudice.

I have gotten myself to accept different races, sexual orientation, religions much of the time, but, treating women like my equals is gonna be a very difficult trial since I am a straight man.

I have refrained from using racial, ethnic, anti-LGBT, and, many other slurs. I still need to work on not using female slurs, entirely.

My tendency is, when I find a certain someone to be a badass, I like to call them, "a badass mother****ing son of a *****" and I talk about how they do their thing, "like a mother****ing boss."

Is there a less offencive way of expressing that?

Drop the "for many men" and just be as respectful of women as you are of all others. There is no subconscious here, you are or are not as respectful.

As far as using any reference towards women when swearing, don't swear.
It's ****ing bad manners.

Drop the "for many men" and just be as respectful of women as you are of all others. There is no subconscious here, you are or are not as respectful.

As far as using any reference towards women when swearing, don't swear.
It's ****ing bad manners.

Mr. Dennis, you make a very valid point.

However, I say that for men such as ourselves, we may very well be subconsciously sexist. That's not to say women aren't sexist at all.

Ever since the beginning of human history, nearly all civilisations and societies were male-dominated and women in those societies had extremely limited opportunities. In other words, they were homemakers meant to look pretty for their man.

It wasn't until the Industrial Revolution in the 1800s that we as men started to acknowledge women as people rather than property.

That's not to say women weren't doing things like that in earliest times, I'm saying it was that period when we started acknowledging a woman's ability.

Many societies have gotten better in how they treat females, but, we as men still can't accept them as equals. Even now, males are still seen as authority figures, and, in some ways, we can't view a female in the same position.

Gender roles and stereotypes are still subconscious in our psyche; it's a matter of breaking them.

It's a complicated issue, but, we do need to find a healthy balance for both sexes and make sure we can coexist.

Lastly, I believe a woman can do everything a man can do, plus some more.

This is the greatest and most personal confession I have made.

You guys have seen that I have had some pretty corrosive qualities of my personality. I was mired in negativity for much of my life.

I have offended, made a fool of myself, displayed temper, shown impatience, and be outright blunt wherever I express myself.

It's all because I learned a number of my father's destructive behaviours. My father, while I have no hatred or ill feelings towards him, and, he did try his best, but, the problem was he was a very self-centred, stubborn, and overly proud man; he didn't know how to have relationships with other people, because, whenever there was something bad about the person, he would burn bridges with that very individual. He's now lonely because of it. My father never taught me how to be a man; once again, I have no resentment for him, it's that I want to be the man he never was. I am teaching myself all of that. I could not help myself, when I was an autistic child, my mind was easy prey for him. Because of those same qualities, I had issues with family, priorities, and, many other responsibilities.

I just started unlearning his bad habits, and, things have been looking up for me.

I'm becoming more confident in myself, I'm smiling, talking, and laughing with other people. I have more certainty in my words and actions. I'm not afraid of making the first move. And, I have never been more passionate about life before. At the same time, I want to be humble, listen to what others have to say, and, more importantly, have patience for everyone.

I have also come to peace with my family, who I treated poorly; I told my mother, "Mom! We're not perfect and I have my disagreements with you, but, I will live my own life. At the same time, I will honour your word." I now have very pleasant conversations with my elder siblings. I told them I wish I could have realised it sooner, because, I would have saved us so much trouble.

Yesterday, I finally came to peace with all my classmates. I said I had no hard feelings for any of them, I offered advice, and, I told everyone one of them I will see them at our reunion.

I still have a very long path ahead of me, but, I will keep pursuit and come out on top!

I will strive for balance in everything I do.

A lion has to prove his resolve if he ever wants to be revered by his pride. I will be that lion!

I want to conclude by saying I will put all of this behind me and move on!

To all of you on here, I offer my deepest and sincerest apologies for my disposition in the past and, this time, things will be very different. Count on it!

I may have found the primary culprit for my lack of pace. It's a matter of being very familiar with the track. That is based on watching a race on that track so many times to where I know how to navigate. I watched Canada countless times since it was one of those races I didn't have to wake up early or stay up late to watch. When I am unfamiliar with a track, I don't know how to go about the line. That is why I need an aid like racing line to help me become familiar with that track.

A good guide I found via Bram when learning a new track is to go around the whole track in 5th gear.
Just go round and round and round in 5th and before too long, something just clicks!

Worth a try. You're a lot younger than me so your learning facilities should be sharper than mine, so you should benefit a lot from this.

OK feelings at the moment. I just watched the replay for the first time. I haven't driven an F1 sim since 2002, haven't driven this track in about that long. It took me about three turns to know which track it was.

So, I have to ask, how much do you drive? Stat's are pretty tough to find but RD used to keep track of members laps on servers for Race07. In my first years driving here, tintops and all I put down 35,000 kilometers on track each year. That's just what I put into the RD servers, not all my online and offline laps! Certainly an exception as I'm retired but I raced A LOT and while I might not be putting in those same miles today, I still spend a LOT of time behind the wheel.

All that time was enjoyment, I'm way past getting too much better as I've been a sim racer since 1992.

So, I think what I'm asking here and what I'm saying is, Do you DRIVE sim cars?"

Forgive me but I think upon hitting Montreal for the first time in all these years, I would have driven at least as well as you.

Ever since I moved to this small Alabama town back in '07, it really changed me dramatically.

Home life being tough, then, combined with falling short of my goals and being very lonely, it seemed like I almost lost my will to live life.

The doctors who I were seeing in the past, while no doubt they meant well, they were near-sighted and not very exact with their diagnosis of me.

As a result, I lost my work ethic, my healthy lifestyle, I gained a disproportionate amount of weight, and, my passion for life was drained.

In August 2013, everything turned around for the better and it still is.

I saw a new doctor; he does so many things the other doctors in the past have never done.

The medication he prescribed for me didn't result in a huge expense.

I have lost weight, I'm regaining my passion for life, I'm working harder again. I have also come to peace with so many emotional scars from the past, as well.

This lion's claws and fangs are sharper than ever before! >:^)

One thing that I never lost was the resolve to go beyond my hardships.

Just know you can live a good life if you help yourself.

Let me share my motto with everyone:

When encumbered by the hardships of your life, you must have the Courage to confront; the Intellect to know and comprehend; and, the Majesty to rise above it all. >:^)

I have not really been able to post or focus on the sim racing too much because of my ADHD.

Since I'm not on my ADHD medication, I'm drowsy all the time and I struggle to get blood flowing to my brain.

Today, I'm going to buy some ginkgo biloba and see if that works.

I have a rule for how I address those older than myself.

If you were 18 years or older on the day of my birth, I will not call you by your forename; instead, I will address you by your title. (Mr., Miss, Ms., Mrs., Dr.)

Quirky as this sounds, it seems more respectful.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back