F1 2011 Make over 5 seasons in F1 2011 Codemasters

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
There was some serious discussion surrounding this when the game was released. Many people were unhappy to find out there were 5 seasons instead of 7 like in 2010.

As I understand from those discussions there is quite a bit of work the game is doing behind the scenes as you progress through career mode. Each year and throughout the season the teams will upgrade their cars so there has to be some effort made to keep things balanced. This is to allow you to have a choice in what you do with your contract offers. Do you stick with a low end team and try to turn them into a race winner by season 4/5? Or do you try to get into a Red Bull asap?

Another good point was made before, how often did people actually complete 7 seasons in 2010? I know I only made it through 1.5 playing 100% races. Now that was partly because I lost interest or I was always busy trying out new mods instead of actually playing the game but I'm guessing if I played religiously I would have gotten to season 3 or 4 before 2011 came out. So really having "only" 5 seasons is not much of a complaint.

Good job on finishing the game though,if you're bored maybe try longer races, harder difficulty or put yourself in the HRT to make things more interesting.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%