• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make car a bit lower

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by twister77, Aug 13, 2010.

1. twister77

twister77

Ratings:
    +10
    I am trying to figure out how to make a car lower to the ground. I wanted to change some fancy big wheels on one of the cars with something more "normal". As these replacement wheels are bit smaller, once I put them on the car there is a lot of space left around the new wheels inside the wheel arches. So, if I could make the body of the car a little bit lower, that would fix the extra space problem. So, if somebody could tell me what needs to be adjusted in order to make a car closer to the ground, that would be appreciated. Thanks..

2. Splashonda

Splashonda

Ratings:
    +51
    On both the front and rear suspension, change the y value!

3. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,280
    Decreasing the restlen of the suspension will do it, too - that way the suspension stays mounted at the same spot, you're just shortening it.

That is, car.ini susp_front.restlen and susp_rear.restlen

You might have to change the minlen as well, also decreasing it. Otherwise it hits the bump stops.

4. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    And you could always rescale those wheels if you'd prefer. You could use Racer's modeler program for that :)

5. twister77

twister77

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you guys, restlen adjustment did the trick..

6. twister77

twister77

Ratings:
    +10
    Well, might as well show what I was working on. I never personally liked the look of the original wheels on the Seat (plus brake pads were spinning together with the rims!!), so I wanted to change it. Of course, credit goes first to people that created the Seat and then to AMGfan as I "borrowed" wheels from one of his cars for my custom mod..

Attached Files:

7. luthobu

luthobu

Ratings:
    +179
    Looks really nice :) (Not really here, just lurking.. )

8. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Indeed, very nice :)

9. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax

Ratings:
    +71
    Thx for this thread, want to see more like this one !

10. luthobu

luthobu

Ratings:
    +179
    You are in luck! Here is one almost identical.. and I get to show off my personal Racer wiki ;)

Oh, and to stay on-topic, I agree, thanks for this thread! I really needed this info today!

Attached Files:

11. WiNdE

WiNdE

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I have been looking for this.