Mak Corp Group C v 0.95 released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Mak Corp Group C rF2 6.jpg

Mak Corp modding group have, after a long silence, released a major new update for the impressive rFactor 2 add on modification of the now classic Group C era of racing cars.

Group C v0.95 brings to the table a number of impressive updates to the vehicle sounds, graphical fixes, new skins and of course the legendary Sauber C11 as driven by such greats as Klaus Ludwig, Karl Wendlinger and of course a certain Mr. Michael Schumacher.

The new version of the rFactor 2 Group C mod can be downloaded directly from the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 mods page here.

v0.95 Changelog

• ADDED: New vehicle, Sauber C11
  • ADDED: New template pack including the Sauber C11
  • ADDED: New Skins by Arturo Pereira, Damian Baldi and Daniel Gomez
  • UPDATED: All sounds have been updated and re-balanced
  • UPDATED: Wiper now removable in interior views through upgrades
  • UPDATED: Mod manual PDFs
  • UPDATED: UI Menu pictures redone
  • UPDATED: Various graphical elements
  • FIXED: Various graphical elements
  • FIXED: Specular issue with banners
  • FIXED: Headlight flickering
  • FIXED: Undershadow on all cars

787B and 962C

• Some inertias have changed to give a more natural movement to the cars. This has made the cars more dynamic giving more feedback to the driver on traction and makes it easy to drive close behind another car.
  • The tyre wear and degradation curves have changed. Now tyres could be used until the end of their life with a more homogeneous be
  • A small delay has been added to the H shifter to make it fair against drivers using pads

Porsche

• The peak of torque on the WSC engine has been moved from 5500 to 5000 RPM making it exactly like the Type 962/72 engine from the World Sportscar Championship. This new range of torque allows drivers to take some corners in a higher gear saving fuel while driving in endurance mode.

Don't forget to check out the rFactor 2 forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding ISI's premium simulation. We have a wide variety of mods and addons to download in our Modding forum and hold regular top quality Racing Club events. Check it out today!

Mak Corp Group C rF2 3.jpg Mak Corp Group C rF2 4.jpg Mak Corp Group C rF2 5.jpg Mak Corp Group C rF2 6.jpg Mak Corp Group C rF2.jpg Mak Corp Group C rF2 7.jpg Mak Corp Group C rF2 9.jpg

Do you enjoy the Group C Sportscar mod for rF2? Enjoying the new update? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The FFB in these cars is really fantastic. Even on my g27 the forces move the wheel around aggressively and with gusto just like in the videos you see of people driving these cars, makes the experience feel really authentic as well as just being really badass.

Edit: Makes me feel like this when I drive them:

That looks bloody frightening!

Love this mod! Unfortunately I had two different crashes with RF2 yesterday that made me quit playing. Both seem to have been GPU related; I see there is a thread on the ISI forums about it so I guess I'll have to wait and see if it gets patched :(

The FFB in these cars is really fantastic. Even on my g27 the forces move the wheel around aggressively and with gusto just like in the videos you see of people driving these cars, makes the experience feel really authentic as well as just being really badass.

Edit: Makes me feel like this when I drive them:

Agreed! I felt like the guy in the video when I was able to try the Sauber for a couple laps (G27 user here).

The LMP1 spaceships of today are no match for the sheer brutality of a Group C car. We will never see another era of Endurance Racing like it...

That's true but I still enjoy the modern LMP cars as well. The sheer acceleration by the LMP-H cars is staggering and I enjoy the variety we now have. Sportscar racing in general is very healthy and it's still my favourite form of motorsport. Standing at Maggots/Becketts and watching the Audi's go into the first part of the left, right, left is unreal.

I suppose the only thing I would like to see more of is customer cars in the top category, the last time we had that was probably the Audi R8. With the Hybrids being so expensive to run (and all the secret technology they contain) I can't see that happening.

The Group C's are something special though, my first Le Mans was in '93 and every time the Peugeot 905's went past you knew it! :inlove:

It all comes down to manufacturer support I guess. If Jaguar, Peugeot, and Mazda all of a sudden decided to come back into LMP1 that would make an almighty LMP1 Grid :geek:

The XJR-14 is still my favourite though. I never saw it race but I've seen it at the Silverstone classic a few times and it's an awesome looking racecar. The Allard J2X is also one of my oddball favourites, total disaster in results but it was way ahead of it's time.

Allard%20J2X%20C%20LM93.jpg

That's true but I still enjoy the modern LMP cars as well. The sheer acceleration by the LMP-H cars is staggering and I enjoy the variety we now have. Sportscar racing in general is very healthy and it's still my favourite form of motorsport. Standing at Maggots/Becketts and watching the Audi's go into the first part of the left, right, left is unreal.

Without out a doubt the LMP1 Hybrids of today are sublime examples of engineering and the advancements in technology, But there is something about the H-Pattern, 1000+bhp and the smooth shapes of the Group C cars that just leave me in awe!

• Deleted member 130869

The sauber is much faster on the strait than the mazda and porsche, is that correct? I tried to adjust gear and wings on both cars and they don't get even close to sauber's speed.

The Mazda and Porsche are very different despite sharing the same default setup (and working, somehow). The C11 is from 1990 and was extremely successful, the 787B was under new regulations and more of a match to the C291 due to the redesigned Le Mans. The 962C can fit into either category but it's more of a better match to the C11, though weaker in power.

It would be cool if the different wing setups impacted the performance and could be enforced on certain tracks. It would bring forth some interesting dynamics. But depending on the length of the race and track, in this mod, the C11 can have a high boost pressure and easily survive the whole race. Refueling time is also a bit slow on the flow rate.

Edit: The C11 did participate in a few races in 1991 while the 291 was being developed to fit the new regulations, and I think it won 3 times.
Edit 2: And yes, the C11 is too good of a car currently with tires, fuel, and ease of driving. All cars can be pushed easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back