1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Majority of Sims closer than we think?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Msportdan, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm finding it hard to explain my feelings here

ill try anyway.....

Take away the gfx visuals ffb etc, how similar are all these sims in handling etc. I mean they are all working with the same processing power of home pcs how much different or real can they actually be. One thing with me is that i do jump from sim to sim and sometimes my posts on various forums reflect that, i could love one sim at any given moment. They are all improving so much every month.

Lets say the big race sims atm....

What I'm try on to get at is, strip away all the fluff around the physics, how much different are all these sims really. Is it put placebo/fanboyism/nievity or genuine advantage to some sim devs and their engine?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. ouvert

Premium Member

From my point of view:

LOW SPEED --> different
    HIGH SPEED --> similar
    ON LIMIT --> different

If you take same car, same track, relativelly same condition, different game .. some are closer some differ more.
    but mostly we have so different FFB across sims that our perception of physics could be influenced by FFB and overall driving feel ..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. xnorb

Premium Member

Right, without standardized FFB you can't even remotely compare the physics.

A sim with less accurate physics but great FFB will always feel better than
    a sim with absolutely correct physics but poor FFB.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

this is true.
  5. Except force feedback is subjective too. What is good for one isn't good for another.
  6. xnorb

Premium Member

It's not about "good", the goal should be to be authentic.