MaiDireSetup becomes NeverSaySetup - Setup Guide

MaiDireCamber are very proud to annunce the International version of NeverSaySetup, now in 1.1.2 version and in English language.

MaiDireCamber Racing Team thanks for the translation (in alphabetical order):
- Andrea Lojelo
- Corrado Conti
- Leonardo Ratafià
- Marius Carey
- Mika Raymond
- Paul O' Brien

Online version HERE
Download in home page and in 'Download' section.

http://www.maidirecamber.blogspot.com/

Thanks, can never get enough of these guides... always something usefull inside.

EDIT; What a great little guide, its simple explanations of race car setup principals is so refreshing, usually guides get caught up in the techno jargon and bore me to sleep, I read this in 20 minutes, but more importantly I understood every sentence of what the guide was explaining to me.

Congradulations to the authors, a must have for anyone wanting to learn or better understand the basic principals to racecar setup. :doublethumb: :drink:

Cheers

After using the guide to setup the fTarget for the Aosta Sportintwch club race I was pleasantly surprised to crack a 1:13.5 and have a stable setup, obviously theres a ton of room for personal improvement, but Im still learning the art of racecraft.

I have found this guide to be VERY accurate and an easy read, A MUST HAVE for any netKarPro fan.

Cheers all.

After using the guide to setup the fTarget for the Aosta Sportintwch club race I was pleasantly surprised to crack a 1:13.5 and have a stable setup, obviously theres a ton of room for personal improvement, but Im still learning the art of racecraft.

I have found this guide to be VERY accurate and an easy read, A MUST HAVE for any netKarPro fan.

Cheers all.

Nice one Andrew, the guide is really great that the MaidireCamber team made. I gotta learn to be more methodical when making setups, never quite know where to start and often just change the wrong thing and become slower! :confused: lol

Know exactly where youre coming from Paul, I think the big problem for most of us is changing to many variables at once, which tends to make it hard to feel any improvement, Ive learnt that carcraft even in a sim is a slow deliberate process, one Im still learning. I have a scribble pad which I use to note the settings I'm working thru, beats forgetting what you changed and by how much.

I always start with the default setup and work that for atleast 10 laps, making note of the corners the car doesnt negotiate well, from here I slowly work on adjusting the car "using the guide" so its as fast and clean through each corner as I can get it , I do this one corner at a time, the trick is, dont adjust to much at once and if it has a negative affect or feel change it back straight away. Sometimes I find when I nail one corner its upsets another, which slows me down, so compromise is also a requirement of the craft.
Then theres some tracks where I just cant get that balance, and theres the challenge, its not beating my opponents that matters most, its beating the track.

Hope this helps someone,

Cheers

thanks again guys...
i remind you that in MDCBox package there are the MDCbaselines setups for each car, that can help you to have a baseline to start, starting from real values.
honestly the KS2 baseline is not very good, but i have a 'replacement' ready to be inserted in the next MDCBox release.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back