Mad Fun Event Idea !

A couple of weeks ago the Racing Club held a Fun Event - Truck Racing !

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...acing-mugello-saturday-march-10th-2012.48124/

Now not all people are going to like or want to battle with what really does feel like a massive hunk of steel on track - although all who did and many who have tried the mod have found it to be awesome - brake really really early, struggle with turn in, gentle on the throttle inducing just enough drift - but not too much or the massive weight suddenly overcomes you and you become a high up passenger sitting on top of a mass thats going where it wants to go and aint gonna stop until it hits something... hard. So this got me thinking what if we had a FUN Event with Minis and Trucks?

Tried an offline event a couple of days ago with Trucks, Minis and Formula Fords - Mayhem! The trucks may not corner or brake anywhere near as well as the Minis, but they certainly out accelerate a Mini and have a much Higher Top end, so track choice would be essential in striking a balance. In a Mini you can't simply get past and stand on the brakes you have to remember the guy in the Truck needs far more time to slow down, and he ain't going to just give you a light tap, these things weigh a lot and thats represented really well in the mod.

Yes its a mad idea (but most of you here are a bit mad anyway) - what do you think Trucks v Minis? A bit of Lighthearted Fun? or Dave totally on another planet again? !

That sounds like a lot of fun, I begrudgingly missed the truck race but love that idea, imagine the slipstream a Mini would get from a truck! Davids versus Goliaths!

I always wanted to try a NASCAR style slipstream event too, perhaps with the V8SC mod, but even with the S2000 cars or Minis around a big oval like Daytona (probably best to turn the damage down too).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%