1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Macau hairpin passing.

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Serj, Jan 22, 2016.

1. What is the recommended steering settings of lock and degree to successefully pass dat hairpin inMacau? :confused:

2. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Have no solution... just commented cause i've got a similar problem: My steering wheel is really old, only can turn about 240° - And though i can turn it to 100% in the settings, in slow corners i am not able to turn the car at full angle, meaning that i awfully slow at that hairpin for example - Which is a reason why i stopped attending to RD races lately - Its just frustrating to know that you could be better but your technical equupment is stopping you.

3. I mean in game steering setting, not in driver profiler.

4. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

900 with over 30 lock works fine for me

5. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I'm fine with default mostly, if i wasn't lazy i would go up a bit.. Something like 26 from standard 22-23 for 540 degrees..

6. I usually just stick with default setups myself but some of them just can't make that hairpin on my rig. I know I had problems with the Silhouette Class in particular.

7. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

what is your speed? real GT3s for example are slowing there to 8 kmh .. you just might be taking it too fast .. sometimes it is hard to judge speed that slow in sim if you are using corect FOV ..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  8. Richlevy

Richlevy
    Premium Member

I use 2 different settings, the classic cars, the touring and dtm 1992 I set to 30, the newer cars such as the gtr3, gtr2 or the adac I set in the area of 22-25. It is a trade off of being able to turn sharp for the corner and not having the car too twitchy to drive on the rest of the course... again, as always, ymmv

hth
    rich

9. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium Member

I'm using default setups, but often raise rotaion about 2-4 degrees.
    No problems with that hairpin (had to practice little bit - you have choose proper driving line), but have to almost stop - slowest turn I know. :)