• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Mac racer

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Aukeee, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Aukeee

Aukeee

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I downloaded racer 0.5.4.3 for my mac a year ago. I have already a lot of cars, but I want more cars. I downloaded for example this one: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/renault-espace-i-1984.50765/ But it doesn't work. The game just stops when I select that car. I think I have to update my Racer version, but I think 0.5.4.3 is the latest one, or isn't it?
    Can anyone help me?

2. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    Hi,
    i'm not a Mac user, but if i remember right, there is a way to use wine(?) to run the latest version...

Alex

3. JustinMartin

JustinMartin

Ratings:
    +18
    Yes, v0.5.4.3 is the newest Mac version. I just downloaded it and tried it on OSX 10.8, and the default car and track work fine. I tried the Espace, and it doesn't work because it is made for a newer version of Racer. You'll need to find a way to run the current Windows version of Racer in order to use the Espace.

4. Aukeee

Aukeee

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both! I have already 100 cars, but of course I want more cars :)
    I will try it with Wine or something else, i'll keep you informed!

5. Aukeee

Aukeee

Ratings:
    +0
    Allright, I tried with some programs, but without result.
    I accept it and it doesn't matter. But I have another question, I downloaded the Maybach 57s, but it doesn't downshift pretty well. How can I edit it? It changes gear at ±1000rpm, it must be ±4000 rpm, how do I do that?

6. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Open the car.ini, scroll down until you see engine. Further down from it you should see "shifting". Underneath "shifting" you should find "shift_up_rpm=xxxx" and "shift_down_rpm=xxxx". Edit these values to suit you :)

7. Aukeee

Aukeee

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, it works :)
    Can I also change that file (for example of the Renault Espace), so it will work on my racer version?

8. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Ratings:
    +286
    sure, try it...

9. Aukeee

Aukeee

Ratings:
    +0
    I mean, will it work or not?

10. Alexander Knoll