PC1 Lykan Hypersport, Project Cars' first monthly free car

Bandai Namco and Slightly Mad Studios have unveiled the first car to be released as monthly free DLC for Project Cars.

The Lykan Hypersport is "the first supercar to be produced in the Middle East", and boasts 740 bhp with a top speed of 245mph (that's a mind-boggling 394,2 km/h for us Europeans).

It looks like Slightly Mad Studios is following the Driveclub route for their racing title, with a free car every month possibly accompanied by paid DLC packs (this is just speculation for now, obviously).
You can take a gander at the Lykan in the trailer above.

SMS will reveal further information about the DLC schedule in the near future, while there is still no projected release date for Project Cars other than a rather vague "May".

I have to agree with bmanic, the FFB is very poor, at least with my wheel DFGT, the physics engine may be complex, I cannot comment, but there are very weird things going on there from my point of view. I have been racing karts since the age of 9 and have driven a couple of race cars and something is not right. It is fun do not get me wrong but I bought in to it expecting a precise and accurate driving experience which I do not feel it is at all, which is a shame. Back on topic, it is great to see the developers reaching out to more unusual cars and I think it is a great choice and many will enjoy its presence in the game!

I have to agree with bmanic, the FFB is very poor, at least with my wheel DFGT, the physics engine may be complex, I cannot comment, but there are very weird things going on there from my point of view. I have been racing karts since the age of 9 and have driven a couple of race cars and something is not right. It is fun do not get me wrong but I bought in to it expecting a precise and accurate driving experience which I do not feel it is at all, which is a shame. Back on topic, it is great to see the developers reaching out to more unusual cars and I think it is a great choice and many will enjoy its presence in the game!
It's always good to have never before offered cars in your sim racing game. There are a few never before been done cars I would like to see since I have driven just about everything else it seems

PC markets are not the goals , the mommy , mommy cash please then shelved in two mounts for newer promo way over hyped consolers fuel the business....PC content suffers greatly to these hands. Its the EA way. Overhype console sells, content falls to the wayside.

AC FFB is said to have something like 90% redundant FFB traffic. It may account for some of the issues and inconsistencies AC has with various wheels.

Pcars and RRRE are making the FFB adjustments more accessible and customizable to typical players than ever before. That may initially cause some confusion in setting up FFB but, I suspect many more people will experience FFB in ways they haven't before.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%