PC1 Lykan Hypersport, Project Cars' first monthly free car

Bandai Namco and Slightly Mad Studios have unveiled the first car to be released as monthly free DLC for Project Cars.

The Lykan Hypersport is "the first supercar to be produced in the Middle East", and boasts 740 bhp with a top speed of 245mph (that's a mind-boggling 394,2 km/h for us Europeans).

It looks like Slightly Mad Studios is following the Driveclub route for their racing title, with a free car every month possibly accompanied by paid DLC packs (this is just speculation for now, obviously).
You can take a gander at the Lykan in the trailer above.

SMS will reveal further information about the DLC schedule in the near future, while there is still no projected release date for Project Cars other than a rather vague "May".

Project Delay is much better than Project Failure.. It will be a hard year for SMS due to AC success! Best FFB and car physics ever
I am not gonna deny that Assetto Corsa is a great game the rest of it is opinions of the individual users. You will have the extremely devoted in both of these developers camps. However to suggest pCARS sales will suffer in anyway is just plain not true and I expect Forza and GT type sales numbers which Kunos could only hope for seeing they are PC only. pCARS will be owned by 95% of the console racers in the world which is a mountains worth in comparison to PC users anymore.

I am not gonna deny that Assetto Corsa is a great game the rest of it is opinions of the individual users. You will have the extremely devoted in both of these developers camps. However to suggest pCARS sales will suffer in anyway is just plain not true and I expect Forza and GT type sales numbers which Kunos could only hope for seeing they are PC only. pCARS will be owned by 95% of the console racers in the world which is a mountains worth in comparison to PC users anymore.
As hopeful about PCars as I am, 95% isn't just a bit of a stretch, it's a silly putty sized stretch. I think SMS would be over the moon with 15-20% penetration on each console.

Is it?

Over 125 million active users on Steam'
That compared to 52 million on PlayStation Network and xBox Live have 48 million

Then there are of course PS, xBox and PC users that don't use anything that is mentioned above. But the idea that "PC Gaming is dead" compared to Consoles are far from the truth.
I am not saying PC gaming is dead as there are many genre's to consider. However Forza and Grand Turismo easily outsell PC only racing games. When I say 95% I compare this number to the users(racers) on the current gen consoles with only a couple of titles to choose from will most likely buy pCARS to increase their game libraries on those fairly new platforms so no I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

I am not saying PC gaming is dead as there are many genre's to consider. However Forza and Grand Turismo easily outsell PC only racing games. When I say 95% I compare this number to the users(racers) on the current gen consoles with only a couple of titles to choose from will most likely buy pCARS to increase their game libraries on those fairly new platforms so no I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

Then I get you! :)

Project Delay is much better than Project Failure.. It will be a hard year for SMS due to AC success! Best FFB and car physics ever

Each to their own. The FFB in Assetto Corsa is probably it's weakest part. It's one of the worst FFB in a sim since a long time, especially while being over the limit.. there's just zero relevant information coming from the wheel. This is how it's for me (and I know I'm not alone):

"Going slightly over the limit.. uh-oh.. the FFB is "buzzing".. great, I go further over the limit.. it's still just buzzing and shaking. WTF? No information.. just buzzing. Gee, this is the best they can do?"

.. so yeah, good for you for thinking the FFB is the strong point of AC. Each to their own though. :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%