LUT Generator for AC

Apps LUT Generator for AC 0.15

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, worked all for me with a CSW v1.5. Thanks!
Can I use the FFB adjustment via NUM pad when I'm in game or do I have to do all the settings again from step1? I didn't change the FFB at the wheel itself.

Thanks,
Thomas

Hi, worked all for me with a CSW v1.5. Thanks!
Can I use the FFB adjustment via NUM pad when I'm in game or do I have to do all the settings again from step1? I didn't change the FFB at the wheel itself.

Thanks,
Thomas
If you mean per-car FFB, you can play with that at any point. Running the LUT generator is only required when you change settings in your wheel's driver.

On the T300 I'd recommend not to use the LUT. I tried it extensively and it really does not improve the FFB. Something is broken in this app, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I run this with excellent results:

In the ff_post_process file
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.85

I recommend you guys try it out.

GYRO on 0 or 1?

As some have already said in this thread, this did not give me a nice feel with my T300. The steering goes all light and then when I increase gain to compensate, I experience major clipping. So nice idea, but not for me.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I open my post process ini file it shows this
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=GAMMA
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=crazy1.lut

I saved the lut file in the cfg folder. Do I need to delete the crazy1.lut?

I saved the lut file in the cfg folder. Do I need to delete the crazy1.lut?

Nope, you just need to edit the ff_post_process.ini to look like the example in the mod overview, but using the filename you gave your LUT file. So for example, mine looks like this (changes I made highlighted in red):

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=RMG.lut

Nope, you just need to edit the ff_post_process.ini to look like the example in the mod overview, but using the filename you gave your LUT file. So for example, mine looks like this (changes I made highlighted in red):

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=RMG.lut

Thanks Ross I'll give that a try later.

I went through this process and discovered there is also a ff_post_process.ini file in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg. Should the new LUT file (Mylut.lut) be added to this cfg folder and the ff_post_process.ini file altered as well?

I went through this process and discovered there is also a ff_post_process.ini file in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg. Should the new LUT file (Mylut.lut) be added to this cfg folder and the ff_post_process.ini file altered as well?
No. I think most of those are default config files. The ones that are modified when you change settings and are therefore used by the game are in My Documents.

If you have a G27 make sure you have your steering axis settings in Logi Profiler where you want them before you run WheelCheck and LUTGenerator. I used to use 20% which basically scales down the resolution of the wheel now I'm at 100% (more resolution) and it responds better than it ever has. Anyway, just FYI and mho.

If you have a G27 make sure you have your steering axis settings in Logi Profiler where you want them before you run WheelCheck and LUTGenerator. I used to use 20% which basically scales down the resolution of the wheel now I'm at 100% (more resolution) and it responds better than it ever has. Anyway, just FYI and mho.

Do you think the same applies for the ffb %?

Should that be at 100?

I just did l the Lut with my t300. Combined with ffb clip app it's amazing. You can also change the ffb clip app ini file to make it start automatically.
Dan sorry for the late response (many things going on), but looks like you've caught yourself up and on the right path. This video is where I started with my settings. Guy makes it crystal clear:
Make sure any changes you make, after doing the wheelcheck and lut, always go back and do the same procedure over. Just overwrite your personal lut file ie BP.lut in your documents folder and your good to go.

As some have already said in this thread, this did not give me a nice feel with my T300. The steering goes all light and then when I increase gain to compensate, I experience major clipping. So nice idea, but not for me.

I think this is normal behavior for the T300. It's like when you tick "Linear" in iRacing. Wheels like the T300 are relatively weak and AC's standard force feedback certainly boosts low forces to allow us to feel them. This is why the standard AC ffb is not considered linear i.e. boosted lower forces and reduced strong forces. So when we tell AC to send the forces as they are in reality through a LUT file, the T300 is not strong enough to make us feel the lower forces. Hence the feeling of lightness most of the time. When we increase gain in this situation, we get clipping on strong forces because they are sent as strong as they were sent with standard ffb.

It is disappointing because I'm faster with the LUT file than with the standard ffb but I still find the feel too light even with the T300 ffb control panel cranked at 100%.

I have attempted something to counteract this. Maybe someone can tell me if I'm just hitting the same problem without knowing it... Here's what I did:

My theory was that I can boost the wheel ffb strength through the LUT file. To make that so, I modified the LUT file by increasing all values sent to the wheel (on the right side) by a factor. So far I try 1.5 (50% stronger) and 3 (150% stronger - too strong...). Here's an example of 1.5:
Generated LUT:
0|0
0.02|0.088
0.04|0.097
0.96|0.804
0.98|0.936
1|1
Modified LUT:
0|0
0.02|0.132
0.04|0.146
0.96|1.206
0.98|1.404
1|1.5

This delivers stronger ffb across the board and there is no more reported clipping than with the original LUT. Actually, FFBClip reports exactly the same numbers as with the original LUT. My initial driving impressions seem to show that I retain, with this, the capability of being faster than with standard ffb. My questions are:

- Am I now getting clipping without knowing it because the game evaluates clipping before processing the LUT file?
(I don't know how I can find out)

- Do I distort the linearity since I'm changing the output values to the wheel (even if they are a constant factor)?
(My initial testing seems to show that it's still linear but this is not proof)

What do you think?

I was recommended to use this for AC.
I have a OSW Simucube and was quite happy (at least as far as the physics/FF in AC offers) with the settings before applying this tool.
Just for clarity, I will assume that my 'wheel profiler' is MMOs - interesting to see this in the instruction images for Wheelcheck which made me think it must help direct drive wheels too?

After following the simple instructions now there is this annoying amount of resistance just left and right of dead center when the car gets going (above about 30-40mph). It was not there before applying the tool changes.

Reverting the .ini file back to stock removes this unwanted effect.

I've seen someone mention that it 'transformed' his OSW, and I'm kinda confused by this.
I've ready many comments (one notably by the developer of Wheelcheck) that OSW or other DD servo motors don't need any of these tools, we already have linear motors - the wheel is connected directly to the shaft that is directly connected to the motor. There's no pulleys/belts/cogs between the motor and the wheel that need software manipulation to convey a linear feel.
Wheelcheck, FCM and the various other tools are for consumer level wheels that use pulley's or cogs to transfer the FFB torque from the motor (Fanatec, Thrustmaster, Logitech etc).

Unless I'm missing something here, this tool actually introduced imperfections rather than creating a better experience in AC.
My iRacing team member who also uses a Simucube has this same unnatural little 'notch' just left and right of center (after applying the LUT changes) when the car is anything over about 40mph, so it's not an isolated issue with my setup.

I appreciate the work that the dev put into this, I know people with TX wheels who have definitely noticed positive improvements. If I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to hear some feedback and give this another go.
Cheers!

Not sure why you would want to do this on an OSW. You should have linear response due to the nature of the motor.

This probably answers my post!
I don't know why the OP included an image of Wheelcheck obviously using OSW (MMOs 2014)??
It would be great to hear from the dev on this.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%