rF2 Lupo Cup @ Nordschleife - CANCELLED

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont get it either, one week you have 30+ drivers and the other week less then 10

The track i guess. Not many people want to learn nords, and in the dark it'll really be hell. I like the lupos, but racing through the night with bad car lights just isn't my thing. Why not something like start at sunrise, finish at sunset..

i dont get it either, one week you have 30+ drivers and the other week less then 10

Bram, i think the problem is the Lupo's have a novelty value - the first race we had loads of sign ups, but since that the number has reduced. What would be better would be to organise some races with a different mod - i think the way to keep people signing up to rFactor events it to mix it up with different mods and tracks to keep it feeling new.

lack of interest for the Lupos @ Nordschleife?

I'm interested in people's opinions on the cancelled event from last night. With only 6 or so sign-ups, the event was cancelled.

Personally, the reason I couldn't make it was that it was just too late for an hour and a half race - I have a job to go to so getting off the PC at gone 11pm is out of the question.

Why do you think there was no interest? - or why did you not participate? After all there were loads of sign-ups for Bathurst..

• Andrew Evans

my personal view is that people just don't like the lupos...

there was massive initial interest with bathurst - since it was a brand new mod... for the next one at lienz less than half the numbers from the previous carried over... that race was also pretty shambolic with last minute changes and the saftey car problems... numbers pretty much halved again for this nords race...

the people have spoken!

I posted this already, but I suspect it got lost during the thread merge/move.

If truth be told, the honeymoon's over for me & rFactor now, and the Lupo's were probably my favourite. After the initial "Wow, look at all these mods and tracks" I found as many (if not more) stinkers as gems. So I lost heart a bit there.

Couple that with the essential "patchwork" nature of the sim - ie all user created content - there are/were so many different implementations that could be utilised that there was basically no shared characteristics between mods.

Now people can argue about whether rFactor is "better" or "worse" than GTRE & GTL in some areas, but in those games, you have differences in hadling, but maintain a cohesion that makes it all feel consistent. I never got that in rF, and yes you can all throw in a few shouts of "lazy" or whatever, but I admittedly can't be bothered to go through all the aggro of the seemingly endless ffb config for every single mod, and even then there's no guarantee that it'll feel any good after the ffb is sorted.

So for me at least,rF is running a distant 3rd behind GTL & GTRE (4th if you include GPL which I've still got installed), and consequently I uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago.

Well, you did ask.

In my humble and personal opinion, Lupos are fun for shorter tracks.
I do prefer racing in tracks, not on road at least too long (make me
feel as i am driving a rally stage (alone for many kms).
Narrow tracks once in a while i like it, but not with +20 km.

Btw, i also agree with Stuart point of view.

Cheers

If truth be told, the honeymoon's over for me & rFactor now, and the Lupo's were probably my favourite. After the initial "Wow, look at all these mods and tracks" I found as many (if not more) stinkers as gems. So I lost heart a bit there.

That's fine Stuart, but myself and a lot of people still know there's a lot more to rFactor than a few badly created mods. There are more good ones than bad ones, so I'm prepared to keep looking. But then even having 3 or 4 outstanding mods and 10-15 great mods is better than having a single Simbin game.. Just look at the great karting, Megane and MMG events that have been held - all great mods and so much fun (Soapbox racing anyone?? :laugh2:)

The Lupos are a tiny tip of an iceberg, with many more greater mods than this - it was only there for a bit of fun which it proved to be. However, as mentioned by Andrew, a bit of a pigs ear of Lienz with the Lupos and coupled with the late Nordschleife I think has put people off (me at least anyway)

Personally, if there's an event been scheduled, be big enough to continue with it rather than cancel it at the 11th hour - I think that's the main point that is turning people off - changing events. I myself have practiced for hours getting cars ready for races only to find out an hour before an event starts that it's been called off.. Frustrating is not the word for it!! If a track is not "legal" then surely this should have been checked out before the event was organised. And if timing was an issue, then surely the event should be moved in plenty of time, rather than while it was being played (Lienz - in trying to attract more people to the race, the opposite occured.) And then the points system being dropped at the last moment for the jF3.. And don't get me wrong, it isn't about the points - that's a bit of a cop-out argument, it's about consistency.. If an event is organised to be at a set time, at a set track, with set rules then that's how it should run.. Because the powers that be decide "no points in club races" shouldn't influence events that have already been decided..

Le Mans on Sunday? I'm thinking it might happen or it may not - I don't really know where I stand anymore.. :sarcastic:

• Andrew Evans

Le Mans on Sunday? I'm thinking it might happen or it may not - I don't really know where I stand anymore.. :sarcastic:

we've had a couple of hiccups recently... but worry not, man... normal service has been resumed now.. le mans will run as intended... stay cool...

Paul, if that's how you feel about rF, good on you.

But personally, no, a good single SimBin game is better than rF. I enjoy GTRE, GTL & GPL more than rF. Straight out of the boxes.

All of those single games are better than rF.

To me.

For what I want out of a game.

You are of the opposite view.

I'm not wrong. But then again neither are you.

There simply is no boolean "this=right, that=wrong" equation when accounting for taste.

I couldn't race due to the GT Sport league race
but tbh the Lupos around Nords sounds a bit long/boring to me.
I do agree with Stuart about the steering wheel configs for each mod that is a bit weird. But I have just stuck with 1 controller setting and that works fine for me.
We need to try some new stuff not just find one Mod and then stick with it all the time.
There are hundreds of good mods
But it is nice to do some occasional funny mods
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Lawnmower Racing
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=LeMons 24h

An idea but why not some Rally style events they would be fun
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Rallycross
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Historic Rally Cars (HRC)

Paul, if that's how you feel about rF, good on you.

But personally, no, a good single SimBin game is better than rF. I enjoy GTRE, GTL & GPL more than rF. Straight out of the boxes.

All of those single games are better than rF.

To me.

Trust me Stuart, it's not personal. I'm just expressing my views. I understand that everyone wants something different out of the game. I completely understand and I know that what you want from a sim is different to me. That's fine.. Power to yer - in fact I have Race 07, so I'm looking for non-GTR-E races if poss with the Race 07 engine (although if any admins want to bestow a copy of GTR-E on me, I will participate of course =)

I'm just frustrated with the current, apparent lack of organisation - I'm sure it's not that way under the surface, and I know you guys are working as hard as you can (admins) - the trouble is, we above, don't see that - we just see what races are presented, and at the moment it seems a little disorganised.. If it's going to be business as usual then I'll be first in the que!!! :clap:

Personally, if there's an event been scheduled, be big enough to continue with it rather than cancel it at the 11th hour

Again, impossible to please to everybody.
In my personel case, events begining at 19.30, are impossible to me
to attend, because i finish working at 19.00, i must to drive home (20 mnts if everything runs well), arrive home, say hello to wife and daughter,
pay some attention to them, dinner with them, supposing that all runs
ok, i will be ready to join the server only after 20.00. That´s why, many
times i join server but only get out to practice only at 20.20 - 20.30.
One option is shortning the practice session (the events are posted
with (almost?)1 week advance. Which give many time to people
practice. And maybe eliminate the 10 mnts of warmup.
In my opinion, is 10 minutes of wasting time. This way even if an event
starts at 20.00, it will end most of the time before 22.30.
The guys who work untill late (19.00) and the guys who need to end racing soon because they have to wake up earlier, or something else,
will be pleased (i guess).
Again, my humble opinion.
Cheers

I think everyone wants something different from their racing. The problem I tend to have with rF is too many mods being played. I have enough trouble learning 1 car :p
However, just to confuse things, I still enjoy trying the different mods. Maybe start running series of 5 races with 1 mod, like whats happening with the JF3. I would also appreciate slightly less track choice, at least as someone newer to the sport. The new car + new track always equals a steeper learning curve.

As for the points issue, I think the threat of a DQ if you don't follow the rules would be a greater deterrent for drivers than no points. Just think what would be lost for the top 8 or 10 drivers there.

As for Paulos point, I agree that a shorter practice fo most events could work. As for the warm up time, I thought that was to allow a toiilet break, especially before an enduro. :)

I have rFactor for some time now, and I couldn't get bothered really to play it regularly like Race07, GTR2 or Evo. Mainly for the reason Stuart allready mentioned, so not gonna explain twice. But lately, I have tried open wheelers on rFactor and I liked it. JF3 is nice, and the F1 and GP2 mods are really good. It's better than the open wheelers in Evo, but that's my opinion. But for the touringcars, hardtops, etc I rather use Race07, Evo, STCC cause they feel great. Where as in rFactor you have to install them seperately as a mod. Only if it's real good, I'll look at it, but for now Evo provides me with a nice game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back