Lowe And Hamilton Reunited At Mercedes

I am curious what will happen when the board of directors of Mercedes at some point in the future (in case successes stay out like what happened to Toyota/Honda) decides to pull the plug on their F1-project. Will the same people that now left McLaren come crawling back?

McLaren will be a team that will always be present in the Formula 1 while large car manufactures, with the exception of Ferrari, tend to drop out over time.

Some might go back, some might retire, some might join other teams.

Mercedes has an all-star team of people right now and if Merc pull out it would be like Christmas for the other teams.
Not to mention the two drivers they got.

I think McLaren will be fine, they have always been a collective of brilliant minds rather than one single figure sticking out.
Also, I don't think Mercedes will pull out. They are probably the manufacturer who is more involved in motorsports than any other (and by that I mean ALL manufacturers, not just the ones currently in F1; and yes, even Ferrari), it just doesn't make sense for them to not have a team in what is arguably the pinnacle of motorsport.

They are definitely here for the short future. Otherwise you don´t go on a spending-spree buying Hamilton as well as guys like Paddy.

But ultimately i think it all comes down to the titles.
No title in 14 or 15 and i´m positive the board will shut down the program.

I just hope Lewis's move to Mercedes gives him and the team a chance to get on top of other teams, not only in qualifying but also in the races.
Mercedes do deserve a shot at the championship for drivers and constructors.
Both Nico and Lewis are fighting hard, but just a bit more is required from the team and the car to get where they want to be.
Hoping Monaco will be good for them if they can get a good quali result, as overtaking is very difficult their.
Figures crossed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back