Low frame rate while running online - what's going on?

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone else noticed the frame rate drops in AC recently. I don't have the strongest system out there but I like to think it is reasonably good for 1080p gaming. I'm running an Intel i7 4770k (stock clocks) and an Nvidia GTX 1070 but running online recently and looking at my FPS, its running in high 50s to low 60s whereas the AC benchmark reports between 100-120FPS. I don't really care about the FPS being low other than the FT value is quite high, fluctuating between 16ms to 20ms so I can definitely feel input lag when running with a full grid online. I've done the whole disable as many apps that I felt weren't essential so the only third party apps I'm running are Sidekick and Map Display and then just some of the regular Kunos apps for tyres, laptimes, realtime but even then, it still hasn't really improved.

I was thinking that this maybe was somehow related to the whole Intel CPU flaw that was recently discovered? The whole Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. I know Intel claims it shouldn't have an effect on gaming but of course they would say that to try and maintain sales which have likely plummeted since the flaws were discovered.

I honestly have no idea. I have a intel processor. For me AC keeps running at 80-90 FPS during races.
Probably the framerate dropped even for me, but I use V-sync (I know I should have a freesync monitor.. I'm saving money for it) and the framerate is rock solid to 60. So for me makes no difference.
I'm sorry that I can't help u.

Fixes for meltdown and spectre would slow down linearly. They have a fxed overhead per system call, so they spread half microsedonds all over the place. There would not be an opportunity to get milliseconds of stall out of it.

The FPS/rendering stats display app (integrated into AC) breaks up the time spent somewhere. Specifically it is also listing Python time, which is the sum of all Apps noodling around. Can you post screenshots of fast (offline) and slow (online) of the FPS app?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 290 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%