Low end pc users feedback needed

By looking on my rig.

CPU: Intel Core# i7 Hexa Processor i7-970 Hexa Core, 3,2Ghz
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 3072MB PhysX
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 12GB (ye, I know, DDR3... -.-)
(same OS, and a SSD)

And I'm barely making it alone on the track, I would have to say... No.
I'd say you have serious PC issues mate - I'm running an I3 3400 with 560GT Nvidia card and mine runs at medium settings with no issues at all. In testing I can run on high easily enough with other cars. I'd turn off Sun Occlusion and Realroad and see if it makes a big hit or seriously do something with the PC.

MINIMUM:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
Video Memory: 256MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
DirectX: 9.0c
Storage: 4 GB
Internet connection required.

RECOMMENDED:

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
Memory: 4 GB+
Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
Video Memory: 512MB+
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
Storage: 4 GB+
My system,

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 225 (3.1ghz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB
RAM: 4 GB

Display: 1600 x 1200 through VGA to projector, 6ft x 4.5ft Screen
Control: Logtech G25

I am only getting 22 fps when leavig pits at mills metropark, and 60 fps at the back of the circuit, game set to 24 visible vehicles - but i have seen none so far. HDR is off, and most if not all graphc settings at medium or off

CPU: Intel Quad core (2.3ghz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX260 1.34GB
Display: 1680 x 1050

Graphic settings set to max/all enabled and HDR, except opponent detail set to medium.
Monaco with classic F3/F2/F1 cars:
10 cars in front of me: ~30 fps
10 cars got away:) : ~45 fps

CPU: Intel Quad core (2.3ghz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX260 1.34GB
Display: 1680 x 1050

Graphic settings set to max/all enabled and HDR, except opponent detail set to medium.
Monaco with classic F3/F2/F1 cars:
10 cars in front of me: ~30 fps
10 cars got away:) : ~45 fps

That causes some hope on my end.... guess I need to finally look into the overclocking of my system, my E6600 seems to be one which is good for overclocking....

I would not consider that a low end PC, did you try everything maxed out, or did you also lower the settings?
I'd say you have serious PC issues mate - I'm running an I3 3400 with 560GT Nvidia card and mine runs at medium settings with no issues at all. In testing I can run on high easily enough with other cars. I'd turn off Sun Occlusion and Realroad and see if it makes a big hit or seriously do something with the PC.

Both of you misunderstood! :) I was answering the guy over me, who was asking if he could max the settings. I can barely max the settings with my rig :)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 (2.8 Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia 9800 GT (1024 MB)
RAM: 4 GB (3.25 useable)
Display: 1920 X 1080

I can run rF2, but not very well. Everything is on lowest and I still get a moderate frame rate. I am updating my Nvidia drivers to see if that helps.

Cheers,
Chris

That causes some hope on my end.... guess I need to finally look into the overclocking of my system, my E6600 seems to be one which is good for overclocking....

Here is a screen as well. Around Monaco rFactor2 consumes around 1.3Gb memory and when I assign 2 cpu-cores to rFactor2 it uses around 70-80% of the resources of those cores. It does not support parallelization of more than 2 cores IIRC.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Whats the best way to do this?
On Windows XP I go to TaskManager--->Processes. Right click a process and click "Set Affinity". Then check which cores this process should use (see below). I use it all the time when running large computations on up to 12 cores on my work PC. It gives a decent speedup in cpu time. Also by doing this the remaining cores are almost completely free and the computer becomes much faster for other less intensive tasks that is running.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ah oke. I onlu have two

I am not that technical hehe.
And i only have two cores. Question is more do both cores get used or do we need to do the fullproc trick again? :)
By default it uses all your cores. Since you have two cores you don't have to do anything:)

And you dont gain much by having more than 2 core cpu. This is just a trick to keep Windows from juggling the process back and forth between different cores

• Herman Hermansen

Works fine for me, and i was really worried it would mine would be able to run it :D I would say it runs almost as good as NetKar, lol, almost.. OK, it doesn't, but it ran better than my expectations.

Macbook pro 15":
  • 2.2GHz quad-core
    Intel Core i7
  • 4GB 1333MHz
  • AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1024MB

EDIT:
By looking on my rig.

CPU: Intel Core# i7 Hexa Processor i7-970 Hexa Core, 3,2Ghz
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 3072MB PhysX
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 12GB (ye, I know, DDR3... -.-)
(same OS, and a SSD)

And I'm barely making it alone on the track, I would have to say... No.
Whaaaaat? How is that possible?

EDIT2: Ok, i saw your post above now. :cool:

I've got a low end system:
E5400 2.7GHz
GTS 450 (EVGA model, slightly overclocked)
Win 7 64
G27

Stutters like crazy, unplayable regardless of settings. But, on my XP drive (everything else the same) I can run with relatively high settings in game and 4x aa/af, stuttering is gone and framerate is 10-15 fps higher. I am going to experiment with this some more in Win 7 and see if I can figure out what the conflict is.

The ffb is scary though. I've had to turn it down to 50% and set the filtering option in the .ini to 4. The jolts and vibration off the track are exceptionally violent, way out of proportion to the steering/grip forces. Still playing with the ffb, trying to find a good compromise that does not scare my neighbors.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back