1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Low Definition Car Graphics

Discussion in 'F1 2011 Mods' started by daytona64, Jul 24, 2012.

1. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9
    Dear All, Is there a low definition 2012 graphics carset. My Laptop is not fast enough to cope with the fantastic ultra HD car skins that the modders have beautifully created. Whenever I try to use them I lose half my frame rates and fall from 30-40fps to 15-20fps and game is unplayable.

I would like to use 2012 HRT etc, and I know there will be no platypus noses, but I don't have the frame rates.

Any ideas?

2. Silver BENZ

Silver BENZ

Ratings:
    +135
    Take ryder's pssg editor. Then open some HD car and export the car scin somewhere, then resize it to what you want - 1024, 512 or 245 pixels size and then import it in the pssg. Save new file and replace HD file with it;) Also you can try to play on automatic or low graphics.

3. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9

Yes, I did think of that. I did download the pssg editor, wow that is complicated - couldn't work out how to load in a HD car!!

To be honest, I was hoping someone else might have done it.

I will take a look this week and if the guys who built the HD cars are okay I will upload a full set of gfx for the LD cars and give credit to the modders.

Will give it another go though.

4. Silver BENZ

Silver BENZ

Ratings:
    +135
    Well, i have done only low textures already, but the high textures are still HD originals from the autors, becouse i have no probs... If you want them... Apropo if you choose automatic graphics all of the AI will take the low res skins ;)

P.S. If you use HD tyres must take only high textures pssg, becouse the low tex is the same HD file, just renamed...

5. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9
    On Automatic Graphics all the other graphics reduce definition. I just want the large HD files we get off the forum mods to be lower definition to maintain good FPS.

Any ideas