Loving this game!

Good day fellow sim racers! I am absolutely loving this game. I only have 30 hours in so far. I started "sim" racing back in November on a PS4 Pro with Project Cars and Dirt Rally. Coming from Forza and GT I was blown away. I probably put 100 hours in PC (probably only 70 actually playing lol). Not intending to hate on Project Cars as that game made me realize it was time to build my first PC and do this proper. And so I bought Project Cars again and was blown away with the ultra graphics and FPS! But owning a PC I now had choices. I grabbed Asetto Corsa on sale and was stoked for it to feel right out of the box. But I am easily distracted and found myself downloading mods as much as racing and it was more work to put together a proper race of same class. So enter Raceroom and the 92 DTM/Group 5 bunch coupled with the adaptive AI......WOW. The adaptive AI for me at least has been sooooo good. Best single player racing I have experienced. I have felt joy, anger, pressure, stress in every race since getting the AI trained to me. Take a position and they will crossover and fight back. I have blown many a turn from feeling pressure from AI. Anyways sorry for the long post. Just excited to finally have a game that makes me sweat hahahaha. Cheers!

I eventually plan on this. Being new to PC and overwhelmed with all these awesome sim choices I need to set aside time to figure out the voice chat? I have seen "Team Speak" in other threads. Does Steam have it or is it used? I can look this all up and figure out when I am ready. Just a random thought after reading your post.
Welcome. Raceroom is the best sim. If you sign up for premium Jason then you will be able to take part in our club races and that's even better!!

I eventually plan on this. Being new to PC and overwhelmed with all these awesome sim choices I need to set aside time to figure out the voice chat? I have seen "Team Speak" in other threads. Does Steam have it or is it used? I can look this all up and figure out when I am ready. Just a random thought after reading your post.
Teamspeak is an outside software we use to communicate while racing. It is free but you will need an headset with a mic obviously… It is very easy to use, and it helps interacting with other people; from getting advices to know better what the cars around you are doing. Plus some chatting of course!

R3E is great fun but I find club races are even more intense! I'm still sweating from last Sunday's GT3 race! You'll be hooked in no time if you join...:D

Welcome ! Raceroom is my favorite as well. All the sims have their strengths but for pure driving/racing pleasure Raceroom has caught lightning in a bottle. It just gets my blood pumping the most.

And as others have said, organized club racing takes it up a notch, since you are not so anonymous, have spoken with the opponents, the pressure to perform (or just not drive like an ass) increases tenfold! The first few times i raced in a club race i was ready to have a heart attack, especially in traffic. I need to get back into it but have a hard time setting aside scheduled time for what everyone else sees as "video games"

I am new to PC gaming, like only a week so far. But man when I downloaded raceroom.... what a great game, feels so polished and professional with wonderful FFB and AI.
Worth it for the WTCC alone for me as i'm a touring car nut.
Great game seems underrated.
I have AC and stock car extreme also downloaded and they are brilliant. So far like a kid in a sweet shop, loved my xbox one but man these PC gaming set ups are the nuts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back