Lotus Type 49 @ Monza 1966

Thanks Joco:thumbsup: Managed to beat Jim Clark with your setup, with some small changes made by myself. Still about half a second in hand judging by my lapdelta, but very difficult to string it all together :p

Attachments

• Lotus49 monza.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,074
I had the same basic idea as Joco, with some tweeks i basically raised the car height to 10, and reduced front toe to minimal at that height. also got the camber down to about -1.3 deg in the rear and -1.01 in the front, I just like a lower camber for these cars, feels more stable but maybe im wrong. Anyways Off the bat the car does 28's very easily and my PB was a 1:27.6

Attachments

• DH Lotus 49.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,615
I've only had my wheel for a couple of weeks and there are a few mistakes, so go easy on me! :thumbsup: But here is a video of my lap for reference:

Whilst my time wasn't as impressive as Dragos', I also felt the need to contribute my lap/setup to this thread seeing as it was enough to beat Jim Clark's time. I used Joco's setup as a base and modified it a little, so thank you Joco for sharing.

IMPORTANT: if anyone chooses to use this setup at all, make sure you set the ambient temperature (in hotlap mode) to 10 C, the tyres will overheat otherwise.

Attachments

• Faster than Jim Clark.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,160
While I can get on most tracks and cars within a few tenths or less from the WR lap, I just can't understand how people go deep into 27s with this car :( I've done like a perfect lap and it was only a 28.3. I had 26°C and tire wear on, but the WR lap in mid 27 is on same conditions.

Thanks guys for sharing! I'll try later

@Hangarone8 You don't need to shift to 2nd in parabolica! This is why I put the 3rd gear so close to 2nd ;)

While I can get on most tracks and cars within a few tenths or less from the WR lap, I just can't understand how people go deep into 27s with this car :( I've done like a perfect lap and it was only a 28.3. I had 26°C and tire wear on, but the WR lap in mid 27 is on same conditions.

@Hangarone8 You don't need to shift to 2nd in parabolica! This is why I put the 3rd gear so close to 2nd ;)

Wish I'd tried this out now, I thought the gearing was primarily for the Lesmos :p I think I'm done with this lap for a while anyway. Good luck Joco, keep at it man!

best thing i can tell you is that you really need to predicting what the car will do. Just spend time with the car and understand how it behaves, in slower corners you need to be in a very slight drift with at maximum a VERY slight amount of countersteer, in fact if youre counter steering, youre losing time. High speed corners should be pretty stable, and also a good exit speed for the corner before parabolica, i forget the name, is 279-282 km/h. I just say that cause i see most exit speeds are a bit under that, im assuming its due to understeering in the corner... but im not sure.

Anyways, spend time with the car... and when you get comfortable you will know exactly what it will be doing before it does it. Then you can start pushing for time.

Thanks for the tip :) All this suspension movement is really tricky and as you said you need many laps to be able to judge how the car will behave. Driving smoothly with no oversteer is only good for mid 28s.

I had the same basic idea as Joco, with some tweeks i basically raised the car height to 10, and reduced front toe to minimal at that height. also got the camber down to about -1.3 deg in the rear and -1.01 in the front, I just like a lower camber for these cars, feels more stable but maybe im wrong. Anyways Off the bat the car does 28's very easily and my PB was a 1:27.6

YES THANK YOU I DID IT OMG OMG OMG OMG

Gave it a little more lift oversteer with less coast diff, and jacked up the PSI, but this setup is VERY fast, so thank you :)

Can anyone share how exactly to do that oversteer thru corner thing ?? I doing this combo right now but having hard time to oversteer the car in corner, its either wont oversteer at all or too much oversteer that cause losing control of the car.
My best is only 1:29.2xx at the moment.
Thanks first for the concern.

By the way not sure if i having some kind of lag or some thing to do with my DFGT wheel where i found i have to actually blip like 0.3s +- later everytime i downshift. If i blip exactly the time i downshift then the blip wont work at all.
I mean the wheel lock or spin actually kick in like 0.5s later if i downshift without blipping.
Any idea why is this happen ??
Thanks for the concern.

heres one someone gave me, I got the elusive 1:27xx with it. Lotus 49
Monza 66 sry for confusion. for me there is only one monza and one car for ac sometimes:p

Attachments

• monza.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 926
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%