Lotus track cars brake lock

I have been testing the Lotus track cars and I find they lock the front brakes way too easily compared to many of the other cars. I did a few tests where 60% pedal travel at 70kph would completely lock the front wheels. The Xbow for instance needs almost 90% at the same speed.

I was able to improve things by lowering the PSI (which also helped raising tire temp from 70 to 85 over a few laps), moving the brake balance rearward (only one of the cars let you do that) but the best way to make that better is to play with the brake gamma (?) in the general options.

unfortunately, when I went to drive the GT3 cars with the same gamma I could not stop the darn things without stomping on the brakes.

Is it just me or these cars seem a bit to lock happy and way too prone to understeer?

And yes, I tried all the tricks I know with the setups. Some improvement but not great.

The lower the speed/gear you're in, less is needed to lock the tyres. I'm sure that you can abuse the brake pedal more when you're in 5th or 6th gear. So yea, locking the tyres is not a linear technique.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%