Lotus Exos 125 S1 @ Nürburgring GP

The AC Car Club is doing a race with this car/track combo tomorrow (US time).

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/late-lotus-t125-s1-nurburgring-gp-thursday-january-15th.99323/

Best I've been able to do is a 1:41 with some of the ini files shared in this thread... but I think that's mostly because most/all of the posted videos aren't following whatever the "media" rules are for RD. Anyone have any accurate links to videos that haven't been edited out by moderation?

Edit: It might need to be noted that I did adjust a number of things on various hotlap car setups made available in this track in order to have enough gas for 25 laps and medium slicks instead of the softs or super softs. Frankly I haven't even tried a setup that is fully stripped for qualifying or the like.

Last edited:
The Formula 1 2009 lacks some serious mechanical grip on the default setup.

Made some quick changes on the bumps and rebounds and the aero to get more connected to the road.

By no means this is a finished setup, just a first step towards a base to work from.

How install?
  • Download attached file
  • Place it in the following folder: X:\Users\YourPCname\Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\lotus_exos_125_s1\nurburgring
Can you please explain what youve actually done here so i can have a crack at fixing it?

Ive gone from a car that wont go around the Schumacher but is happy everywhere else, to a car that wont go around the Schumarch but will happily put itself into any wall available?

As for the gearbox issue, drop the final drive down to the minimum, drop the 1st to 3rd down two notches, then 1 for 4th and 6th. This SHOULD also help with Schumacher as part of getting it right is the car being settled and in the right gear at right rev range as you hit it.

Im getting high 1:40s out of this but its suicidal and pretty much a qualy run in the early 80s type set up.

*Edit* Just saw the post a couple of replies up about high downforce - this is a killer at nurburgring as even with lower downforce you end up swamped by the run to the last chicane, it has to be a suspension/gearbox issue somewhere - Anyway, ya know what, even a few hours dedicated to nutting this one out actually makes me realise why there ISNT a career mode series with these.... i dont think they could get the physics on them right. A full race weekend with 19 AI cars at 90% will have you sitting behind opponents that are on the brakes when youre accellerating, then powering off faster than you can actually have the the thing set up correctly to do, while you do 1:37s on full downforce which wont even give you a top 10 laptime... somethings up right there.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back