AC Lotus Evora GTC @ Nurbs Sprint Mon 19th Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am having big problems with my internet connection now. I think it's better I let my place to other rider, I would be a problem for other competitors due my so low ping. If not I will try to be there in order to avoid loose license

What an amazing race that was :)
Stayed in a nice 'Trullitrain' that had like 4-5 cars, Trulli train fell apart when Trulli got overtaken :p Then tried keeping up with @Martin Faber (Once the raceresults are up: Check our laptimes in laps 8-9-10 Martin, they were so incredibly close :p), which I could very nicely but unfortunately I lost him when I almost lost the car in lap 13. I looked behind me to see where @Adria Perez was and then I saw @Si crashing out as if it was his mother-in-law there behind the barriers.
Anyways, kept Adria behind me untill the pitstops (slightly increasing the gap), I missed my box a little so I had to reverse, coming out of the pit together with Adria, him getting the place in front of me then it was a 5-lap sprint to the finish versus him. In lap 23 I did an amazing overtake coming from far as I knew I brake much later into the NGK Schikane and only just outbraked Adria. Then unfortunately for him I saw him crashing out in the final lap pushing as hard as he could to get me back, and I could safely finish without too much pressure.

Good to see you didnt cheat yourself a pole this time.

Fantastic race. Loved it. Decided to pit on lap 2 from the back, put harder tyres on and finished 13th after an exciting race. I have the correct user name now. :laugh:
But I am sure my car has some kind of restrictor fitted. Japanese import I think.;):D
Congrats to the aliens up front. :thumbsup::whistling::sick::sneaky:
Well done Simon and Staff for getting us up and running. :thumbsup:

Finally a race where I didn't have to race alone. Usually I drive position from 4 to 7 all by myself, because there's few a lot faster guys and I'm little faster than guys behind me. Yes!:thumbsup: Great race:)

Thank you guys, what a great first experience in RD racing, or any organized racing on the PC for that matter!

Qualified well above my expectations @ 9th and managed to snag a couple of positions early in the first lap, but unfortunately got sent flying to the sidewalls in battle for 6th entering Kurzanbindung and dropped all the way back to 20th as a result. I had the advantage and seemed I was given room so I went for it on the outside, but at the last a second a small move to the right by "don't remember who and it doesn't matter" resulted in contact and the accident. Just a slight touch that wouldn't have even mattered with proper collision physics, so that's the end of it.

Anyways, from there on I was absolutely raging(figuratively speaking!!) and managed to fight my way back to 9th within the first 11 laps(you can imagine how much fun that was! :D). Then a few laps on empty track before losing about 8-10 seconds trying to figure out how the pit stop works. :redface: So, back to 15th and some more battling to eventually finish 9th which is where I started from.

Such great fun, I'm totally hooked. :D

/ edited after checking Results -> Race Positions.

Last edited:
Hello,
How do a pit stop in 13' or 20''. For me it's impossible???
JF

I filled too much fuel on start, so I didn't refill on the pit stop. And I could have raced another 15 laps without refuelling... :O_o:

My race was good, started P10, and joined some train of cars, after getting a couple of positions of people who went to the grass. From there I start suffering pressure from @Si until he dove into the dirty air behind my wing and he span. I tried to catch @Ricardo Umans, and I did when I took advantage when RIcardo found a lapped car parked in the apex of T1. Despite being Monday, I felt generous and I release the throttle a bit. I regretted it for the remaining of the race! Anyway, I tried to follow him and (thanks to a lighting fast pit stop 5 laps before the end) I achieved on the pit-lane what my driving skills didn't allow me on the track: I overtook him. From there I tried to manage the pressure while adapting to the softs, but a dive-bomb from nearly 10 meters behind caught me sleeping, I tried to leave a bit of space but we touched anyway and he got the better side of the deal. He was going a couple of tenths faster than me, and when I tried to cut them back in the last lap I span exactly like @Si but without the excuse of being behind anyone. Bounce on the wall and a cruise to the chequered flag on P8.

Thanks everybody!

From there I tried to manage the pressure while adapting to the softs, but a dive-bomb from nearly 10 meters behind caught me sleeping, I tried to leave a bit of space but we touched anyway and he got the better side of the deal.
I found out I can brake that corner so much later than anybody else did in front of me without losing any exit speed, I just tried and there were two options, 1) Death, 2) What actually happened. I was so afraid of destroying you when I initiated the move, but luckily you saw me coming or else that would have ended in tears.

And @Si , my video editor is being a pain in the bass so that vid will come later this week :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back