Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyerpng.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM P&G
Class: Lotus Elan
Track: Donington Park 2004 GP
Weather: Changeable

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.10 (45 mins)
Warm-up start time: GMT 19.55 (3 mins)
Race start time: GMT 20.00 (60 mins)

Note1: Terrain Patch will be ON

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Hans Sneep
  3. Ross McGregor
  4. David Kolody
  5. Tim Ling
  6. Dave Stephenson
  7. Bob Hutchins
  8. Richard Welsh
  9. Tudor Morris
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver

Hard luck Tim, you were hanging onto the back of me and Bob quite well there. Kind of sucks that Tudor couldn't make it either.

The first couple of laps featured some great racing between me & Bob, and i was all set up for an hour-long nose-to-tail battle, but Bob went off and lost a few places, and it took him a while to fight his way through the field. By this time i had a pretty big gap so was able to drive cautiously and avoid mistakes until the end of the race. Well done to all who finished, and congrats to Rich on your debut podium. (And for giving me the fright of my life by rejoinng onto the racing line at the old hairpin on the last lap!)

Cheers Thommo/Bob + RD

Yep, it was good those opening laps Ross but I just put a wheel onto the grass in the craners, wost place to do, so went sliding off on the grass. By the time I found the track I was almost dead last, Hans beat me to that place, so set about getting back up the field. Had a very scary moment with Roland who I just tagged at the melboune loop, sorry Roland, so had to wait just a little for him to get back in front but at the Goodward corner he gave me room to get by, thx. After that it was Rich who I had to close down which took me a few laps but managed to get by him @ the loop. Then David was around 7 sec up the road but after a couple of laps I was right onto the back of him but after a few mistakes by him, old hairpin & McCleans I got up the inside into Copes, not the best place I know, but David turned into me so I slowed down but he then left the server so all I could do now was bring it home. To my surprise I was putting in low 49's & even managed to put a few laps into the 48's but this was never going to be enough to close a 30 sec gap to Ross.

Wd Ross for the win, thanks to Thommo for doing all the admin & get well soon & thanks to all the guys who showed up & finished, wd chaps.

Yeah your game crashing s*cks mate, surely that's not what you hoped for in your sort of comeback to historic racing :frown:

For me it worked out better luckily, in Q1 I managed to steal 6th place form Hans in the dying seconds of a 45-minute qualy :cool: and in the race I managed to keep up with Hans (Who had a rocket start BTW - have you been practising??:wink: shame you had these early-lap problems), and David and Richard for quite some time.
Unfortunately me and Bob had a slight misunderstanding about where I thought he would overtake me :eek: after about 20 mins and I spun off myself a little later; by then David and Richard had rocketed out of sight...

Managed to slowly close the gap to Richard from 11 sec back to 8, to 10 after another mistake to about 7 to 17 after a serious spin by when I had completely lost track of him..

Despite making some more mistakes I did finish the race quite unharmed. For which I should thank Ross BTW; right after lapping me, his braking mark for the chicane panicked my brain for a split sec - it thought the best place to run off to was onto the grass on the left - WRONG!!
It must have really looked like I was trying to dive-bomb into your side Ross, but honestly, I wasn't! Just some stupid green rookie move :sorry:

In the closing laps there was Bob behind me planning to lap me as well, but luckily I think the race was one lap too short for that.. :cool:

Anyways,
:thanks: to Stuart for setting this up, sorry you couldn't make it. Congrats to Ross, Bob and Richard,
:thanks: to both Bob and Tim for sharing their setup, I would have been way more :snail: without them, and
:thanks: to all for being here tonight!

[For me it worked out better luckily, in Q1 I managed to steal 6th place form Hans in the dying seconds of a 45-minute qualy :cool: and in the race I managed to keep up with Hans (Who had a rocket start BTW - have you been practising??:wink: shame you had these early-lap problems)]

I did "thank" you fore taking my place away lol.I was not fast enough despite the great setup from Bob ( thanks Bob) good an stable but I managed to go of in the first lap after a great start to my own surprise, No practising on it ha ha, after that trying to catch up bud this making things worse more offs lost 20+ sec on Roland an the gap only get bigger,not consistent on lap times,but the car is a good Fun factor...

Thanks to Stuart, pity your not there,get well !! an thanks guys for racing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back