Lotus Elan 26R @ Donington - Thu 17th May, 2012

flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC65: Lotus Elan 26R (Default car)
Track: Donington National/GP (Default track)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 (14 laps)

Note1: Default Cars & Skins Only ( Default list )
Note2: Race 1: Donington National, Race 2: Donington GP

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Paul M Jones
  4. Rupe Wilson
  5. Jack Smith
  6. Peter van Zanten
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Jacob Boonstra
  9. Roland Warmenhoven
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Stuart Thomson

Great event Knut nice track and nice car, pitty that are not so much people showt up.
And the race 1 and 2 was not boring he Rupe fun in race 1.
Nice driving people and every body had his problem with the pc or with the car.
I hope next time that ther by more people for the race.

Thx for this event Knut manager off the set ups.:thumbsup:

I have to watch that movie:)

Well sorry again for missing out on Race 1, but fortunately my connection was back for 2nd practice. I thought I would have some good laps with Roland in the race, but unfortunately he lost control in one corner and I drove past. The rest of the race was quiet, but I was able to dig a bit deeper with the Elan and had some really nice laps.

Thanks to all that showed up! And nice to have you join us Paul.

Had a great night of Fun.... hard but clean racing.... i felt a bit more in control last night.. it was nice and calm and was pulling some nice laps....i made my own setup and it was feeling nice and it just seemed to get quicker every lap....
I took it easy in qually to make sure i was happy with my setup...
the race started and off we went .... my car was feeling great and was looking like a good battle when i had a moment... i found myself heading towards a barrier and hit the front end..ooooops game over i thought... but no the wheel was still straight so i rejoined the track and blasted of the final bend.... just as i got on the start straight it all let go ... Flames engulfed my lotus so i pulled over to hear strange words through my headphones... it must of been a sight...
so i sat back and watched the rest of the race from the pits..
Race 2 was great fun... me and Jacob had a hard charge from the rear after we sat and watched the pack go by from the gravel:D very early on... i was happy to follow Jacob in an attempt to catch the pack... which led to some confusion a few turn later... ( no point racing each other when the packs 8 seconds up the road...id do that later)
Jacob had a moment so it was up to me alone now ... i made good progress and had a great battle with all i met...
Nice racing with Paul,,, i hope you'll be back for more fun...:) i'm still a newbie on this Sim and it definitely grows on you...
I finished in 3rd with once again a fast charging Jacob catching every lap:O_o:

Had great fun last night, nice car and good track!
Race 1 had first quali, but that doesn't help if you make bad starts. Roland got ahead of me untill he made a mistake so i could pass him and took the lead for a few laps untill i made a mistake: 3 times in a row same corner oversteer...:( Couldn't catch up Roland anymore he was too far ahead of me. Well done Roland grats to you.
Race 2 already in the first corner i touched Rupe, sorry for that:redface: Raced with Rupe for couple of laps, great fun, untill i lost it in one corner. Was getting closer to Rupe and the end but there were no more laps to go, ended up eventually in 4th place.
Grats to Knut for the win and for the event ;)

@Rupe Wilson: Here's how to stop your replays from getting overwritten:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...hu-december-3rd-2009.10311/page-4#post-499749

And if the Donny sun blinds you in some corners you could try changing this setting in your .PLR under [Graphic Options] :
Lens Flare in Cockpit View="1"

Back to racing then: Great track, goes without saying, fun cars! :thumbsup:
Managed 3rd in Q1 behind Jacob and Rupe, but a really good start put me up front:whistling: being chased by both, until I was the first to make a small mistake and they flew by.. I wasn't the only one to miss a corner though, and a few laps later I found myself back in the lead after both Rupe and Jacob had more time-consuming offs than mine:(. After that I had an unthreatened but somewhat lonely drive to victory..
For R2 Knut managed to rejoin:thumbsup:, and as expected, set some things straight:D . We both had very good starts, while behind us Jacob and Rupe had not, so early on we managed to pull a small gap to Paul and Jack when Knut spun coming onto home straight. Didn't take him long of course to get back on my tail when unfortunately I had a big spin. Came back chasing Paul but he had good pace, unfortunately later on had some problems making him retire. From then on racing by myself, with a glimpse of Knut in front and Rupe behind at the hairpin every lap:D

Grats Knut, and sorry that I can't be more of a worthy opponent:(.. Lord knows I'm trying:laugh: .
CY next time!

Well tonight was a new experience for me,when I joined RD ( RPM was the name back then) at they end of 2007,I always race with bonnet view,cockpit view gave me a narrow feeling so bonnet view was my way to go, one exception open wheelers!

Wednesday evening was practising with the Elan an had some trouble with some corners,could not get the car in the right line an had some trouble with oversteering always to late with my reaction,don't no why but I take a few laps in cockpit view,the first thing I noticed was that I could set the the car more precise in a corner so did some more laps,the second thing was that when the car try to over steer I saw that coming faster an was able to react on that an hold the car in line, I was surprised an decided to do the race in cockpit view !

Race evening,I don't do a report because the 2 races did not go well, my site at my fellow racers was bad could not see my right side an the race info was in my mirror!
an of course I had my moments, but I will practice more an try to make it my own !

I have hat some tips from Roland a bout the mirror an if any one have some more tips please do !

Thanks Knut for setting it up,an if I was in the way of my fellow racers ,you now why:laugh:

Finshed both races mid pack but had good stretches of chasing or defending which makes it all so much more real. I love this car because it is so predictable and a nice setup from Rupe helped to improved my lap times. I had a beautiful view of the Rupe fireball. With this new Radeon HD 6900 video card the detail is amazing. Both tragic and exhilarating.:sick::laugh:
Thanks to Knut for thte events, WD 40 to the podiums, and cheers to all drivers for the great racing experience.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back