Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Lotus Cortina / GTC65 Lotus Elan
Track: Tor Kielce (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (12 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 12 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins/Liveries only
Note 2: Race 1 = Cortina / Race 2 = Elan
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Krzysztof Babij
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Rupe Wilson
  5. Kamil Paczos
  6. Grzegorz Lenarciak
  7. Peter Van Zanten
  8. Hans Sneep
  9. Simon Bacon
  10. Jack Smith
  11. Philip Brown
  12. Warren Dawes
  13. Neil Gault
  14. Dave Flower
  15. Senad Subasic
  16. Samuel Hunter
  17. Jeff Dobbing
  18. Knut Omdal Tveito
  19. Rene van Zijp
  20. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  21. Eck Simpson
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

OMG! I don't know what to write here, simply I won my first race ever on Race Department! :thumbsup:

First race too many mistakes, cant understood Cortina and many mistakes, finished on P6 as I remember correctly. Second race I started from the second place, but I remember atomic start of Neil as a rocket. Later I chased him and he made a mistake so I overtook him and won. Thank you all.

Second race I was having all kinds a control trouble. Sorry to all for causing problems just after the corner at the end of the long straights. I hit the fence and bounced back on track. Very sorry to spin in front of you and ruin your race Caramidaru. I was having a lot of trouble controlling the Elan. I got what I deserved... last place.

Thanks Stu. cheers to all drivers.

Wow, great reacing everyone, way to much happened in race 1 to write it all down...but...started 16th or something, lots of traffic on lap 1, found myself behing Eck, and tried to stay with him, that worked for a bit, then slotted in behind Dave around lap 3 and had a great battle back and forth with Neil, Dave and Senad, with Knut and Caramidaru slotting through as well...

Race 2, I liked the Cortina, but once I made the adjustment to the Elan, it was nice also, although the bumpy braking zones where quite tricky. Had a good start from 7th, made up a couple of places early on, then slid back to seven again as Eck and Knut moved forward, later in the race made a little mistake and Jeff got by... Fantastic track, made a little more challenging by the bumps, but overall a great night of good racing by all, feeling a little Polish myself now!

Congratulations to Warren,( CORRECTION...Stuart) and to Krzysztof for your first win, how'd you put it, "chased the guy, made a pass, won the race!"

Thanks to Stuart for another inspired and well run event, and to everyone ( 20! ) who showed up... see you all next time.

More great fun in the wee hours of the morning. :)
I came into this not feeling too confident, especially for the Elan, this was a pretty tricky track (to me anyway). Lovely track to drive but needed real care under brakes. :confused:

Race 1 in the Cortina was terrific, the old Cortina always delivers good racing. Stuart, Rupe, and I had a race long battle up front, all three of us circulating in almost identical times. Sadly, Rupe had a spin very late, and then followed that up by running out of "go juice". Such a shame after such a top race. :cry:

Grats to Stuart for the win and WD to Kamil for the podium.

Race 2 in the Elan was a big surprise (especially fluking pole) but even more fun. Had some very close racing with Neil, Rupe, and Krzysztof, for the first half (after I made a mess of the first lap :redface: ).
Later, Neil and Krzysztof had opened a slight gap, and Eck joined the battle with Rupe and I. I saw a lot of Rupe's rear end this morning :whistling:. After mistakes by Neil and Rupe late in the race, it was left to Eck and I to battle away while trying to catch Krzysztof. We were both narrowing the gap until I had a slight wobble under brakes causing Eck to spin as he tried to avoid running into me. Sorry Eck :redface:.

Grats to Krzysztof for the win and WD to Neil for the podium.

Thanks again to Stu for organising and great to see such big grids for our Club events, GTL is resurging. ;)

Well not mush to say Race 1 lap 2 somebody hit my in the back so back on the track the perpetrator was not waithing for me.:mad:
Race 2 lap 1 after the long straigt corner to right a big accident with more cars was back on the track but also nobody was waithing.:mad:
So the rules are if you hit somebody pull over and wait that the victim is back on his place for you.
But I see more after looking the replay that nobody stops, and the communication is better when everybody was on teamspeak.

Race one did not go so well :( Got the drive off the line and went for the gap to the left of the bogged down Thommo only problem Jack also went for the same gap, got a nudge from Jack (np Jack no time for you to do anything else) which sent me into the now near sideways Thommo so i had to back off, so i came off third best out of the three of us. Going into T1 i turn in as normal only to get knocked wide by the kamakazi move by a driver on the inside, this sent me into Jeff Dobbing knocking him down 3 or 4 places (sorry Jeff but i was a passenger after the hit i took on my right). Exited the corner in 5th some way behind Jack and Thommo but still in one bit thanks to these hardy old Cortina's. Going into the hairpin for the first time i closed up behind the pack only to get punted by a red Cortina from behind spinning me out and now down to last place.
Now pissed off so i took no prisoners as i made it back to 8th only to loose it under braking at the hairpin so down to 13th again, calmed down and stuck in a few ok laps and made it back up to 9th.
All in a good race, bit pissed off with the hits but it was fun fighting back through the field.

Race 2 i started again in 4th but this time i got a cleaner path off the line as i grabbed the lead and held onto it comfortably until lap 7 or 8 where the sharp corners took there toll on me, most of the time i cannot use my thumbs to hold the wheel but on sharp corners it is hard not to use resort to them and that is what i did only for a shooting pain to go from my thumb to my elbow which made me let go off the wheel gifting the place to Krysztof and dropping me down to 4th. Tried a bit too hard to catch up and almost gave Eck heart failure as my yellow Lotus with smoke coming from all four wheels filled his mirror going into the hairpin, i think i missed his rear by maybe 2 ball hairs :). By this time i was really beginning to suffer and Knut started to apply the pressure around the sharp corners only for me to pull out a gap around the quicker ones. Made it back to 3rd after Eck spun but i was glad to see the finish line as i could not of held onto 3rd for much longer.

Thnx all for a fun hard nights racing.:thumbsup:

Even though I said so on TS last night, big apols again for my start in R1, I got a right old kick going into 2nd and thought I was a goner. Sorry to anyone who had to take avoiding action.

I think, to be fair, the track was tight and tricky, and there were also lots of places where it wasn't safe or wide enough to pull over and wait. It doesn't mean that you can't pull over in a safe spot further round the lap, though.

Also, some of the hits might have been by people who had been hit themselves and were effectively passengers where the actual culprit may have waited even though it didn't look it to the last victim up the chain.

Let's all try and do better tomorrow night.

Even though I said so on TS last night, big apols again for my start in R1, I got a right old kick going into 2nd and thought I was a goner. Sorry to anyone who had to take avoiding action.
no worries we have all had starts like that, every race there is someone who does not get away clean so little knocks and scrapes off the line are normal but some of the T1 shuffles could of been avoided if more care had been taken by some.

Started from the back, and let everyone do their thing. Plenty of goings on, I was half throttle on the main straight :D

Went by some incidents without issues, and had faster people behind, catching up. They seemed quite keen, so I didn't argue the case much.

Most of it a blur. The only things I do remember is getting a faster exit from T1 onto the straight, in a couple of consecutive laps, but at the middle bit, the car ahead started turning towards me. It was a right curve, but there was no room for two cars, so had to brake.
Tried, or, better said, ended up in a dive bomb maneuvre at the hairpin after the straight. Made the corner, no contacts, but wasn't pretty or nice, so I let them back through.

Soon after, caught the grass, spun, and went into a somersault. Was about to land on the track, but realized Jack was close behind, so escaped.

Also, there was a no-show driver who made no attempt to make contact to let us know - which I'm not entirely happy about
I bailed for race 2, not able to drive later at night anymore. Hope it will be okay to drive just in race 1 in events I can do.

Thanks for setting it up, congrats to the winners. Nice grid :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back