Lotus Confirm Maldonado & Grosjean for 2014

Jason Noble submitted a new blog post:

Lotus Confirm Maldonado & Grosjean for 2014

Lotus has confirmed Pastor Maldonado will join Romain Grosjean for the 2014 season. Maldonado had been in contention for the seat alongside Nico Hulkenberg but the Venezuelan’s financial security swung the decision in his favour.

Lotus’ finances have been the subject of much paddock talk for most of the year, with investment by Quantum yet to materialise despite numerous insistences by Mansoor Ijaz, the consortium’s boss.

Ijaz had been quoted in both Abu Dhabi and Texas that the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
It saddens me that Hulkenberg possibly/probably in the top 4 drivers on the grid is overlooked for cash by a team that in 2013 has had multiple podiums.
The commercial model has always required cash from a percentage of drivers but really is this good?

the thing is guys, that Lotus needs the money now, this sadness me :( for a driving like maldonado given a drive while there is a line full of drivers which would do much better.

So anyone taking bet's on how many races Lotus gets a double DNF :D

I fear this shows the strength of Lotus next year: When they need the Maldonado funds so hard, I wonder if there is any money at all to develop a proper car? Or is Maldonado paying for the 2013 salary of Raikkonen?

With this seat also taken, maybe Hulkenberg should just leave F1 and go to the other side of the ocean to win some championships in IndyCar.

Bit harsh on Grosjean. I thought he improved as a driver in the second half of the season. His DNF's were more due to car reliability issues more than his driving errors.

Have to agree that the almighty dollar rules in F1. If it didn't Hulkenerg would have been at top team already. When someone like Maldanado gets a seat ahead of Hulkenberg it's a crying shame.

@Ron Squire <mod-edit: faul language removed> Romain is a good driver and some of the crashes in 2012 are not is fault ! specially Monaco, where if you're not a biased little bitch you would know that it was Schumacher's fault ! and in Spa, Hamilton forced himself when Grosjean was a head of him ! anyways it should be hard to blame somehow who has a crash at the start of the race ! you got over 20 cars in a tight space exceeding 150km/h and at least he didn't crash at the end of a race destroying someones race (which Schumacher did a few time in 2012 and yet he's a 7 time world champion).

Now you can point a finger at Maldonado ! he's truly reckless and I am sick to the stomach that Lotus signed him... it should have been Hulkenberg.

Last edited by a moderator:
why. please Lotus, why.

ah well, as a Grosjean fan, this isn't bad. He'll get a half decent car. Maybe this Quantum thing will come along soon, and so maybe Nico for 2015 if everything goes to plan.

But I really question Lotus. If you want to move up the grid anytime soon, you've done a ****ing good job at sending yourselves backwards

Would you rather see Lotus with some money to be able to compete well next year and survive, or let them take Hulkenberg and go bust after 5 races. The fact that Quantum hasn't happened is to blame, but remember, Maldonado has won a Grand Prix, and he deserved it...

This is aimed purely at Maldonaldo, but I don't want to see anyone who's cheque book buys them a seat be successful, as it would justify the whole corrupt money-over-talent theory.

It's not right!

A year ago that combination would've been called "Super Crash Bros."...now it's poor Grosjean fighting against windmills in the constructors championship, I doubt Maldonado will contribute a lot. Well, apart from the money of course.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back