F1 2013 Lotus Career - Rear end WAY to lively. Thoughts Tips? Help me out.

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm currently 4 races into my career on Legendary difficulty with no assists and 25%.

I'm having a slight problem with tire wear but more importantly a gigantic problem with acceleration and rear end grip out of corner. For example in my last race I qualified 1st at Circuit de Catalunya. During the race my tires wore fairly fast with a setup that took Prime tires 13 laps, and the options 9 laps in practice (with race fuel load). I pitted on lap 7, and only did one qualifying lap on the options so I really can't figure it out.

Even with fresh tires up to temp, my rear tires struggle to put down power coming out of slow to medium corners (Turns 4 and 13 are perfect examples) I ended up finishing in 8th from 1st. The Red Bull's, Ferrari's, and Silver Arrow's were just leaving me for dead coming out of corners. To make matters worse I had Perez in the McLaren right on my tail on the last lap.

I'm making very smooth movements with my throttle and wheel. Not so much to sacrifice speed but to save tires. So I'm really at a loss here.

Any ideas?

I pitted on lap 7, and only did one qualifying lap on the options so I really can't figure it out.
7 race laps + 1 qualifying hot lap = 8 laps. Add to that two in/out laps and you're at 10 laps, but even without them - I feel like the game wears out the tires more at the start of the race than in any other moment of a race weekend (even with the same amount of fuel onboard), probably because of the start itself.

As for the loose rear end - it's the same for all cars. They just need an upgrade or two to make them more stable. The AI doesn't use "upgrades", they just have certain lap times to simulate, so they might as well be driving backwards and they'd still be as quick.

7 race laps + 1 qualifying hot lap = 8 laps. Add to that two in/out laps and you're at 10 laps

Yeah, I think I'm overlooking the in and out laps a little too much. You're definitely right about the start as well. The key could lie in reducing wheel spin off the line as much as possible, which in 2013 is easier said than done. I'm still trying to get the hang of the starts. In any case everyone is still learning to get the most out of the car in 2013, the tire wear really threw everyone for a loop.

The key could lie in reducing wheel spin off the line as much as possible, which in 2013 is easier said than done. I'm still trying to get the hang of the starts
Same here. So far I've only done ONE race start I'm happy about - I was 2nd on the grid and I almost passed the leader while going into turn 1, but someone way from the back pulled an "Alonso" and got through to 2nd :D

the tire wear really threw everyone for a loop.
One thing you can say this game simulates realistically :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing