AC Lotus 98T @ Nurburgring GP - Thursday, October 23rd

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, turns out it won't matter for this evening (probably just get in everyone's way!).

Please sign me out of this one, guys. I need to take care of something tonight that I didn't think needed to be done until this weekend.

What a dominant performance @Justin Talent :thumbsup:

kPiGiwh.jpg

Good race guys. :) Had a bit of a lonely one but 20 laps in that car definitely isn't boring even when a long way in front. :p

Now that everyone knows a few new tips with this car setup wise hopefully the next race in this car is a bit more competitive. :)

Thanks for hosting @Joao Alves!

Thanks @Joao Alves even though you weren't able to race! I still don't know what happened going into t1. I hit the brakes try to move right and I'm into the wall :-(. At least I finally got to see what the pit menu looks like!

A second busted wing let me switch to softs,
Then I was able to do some decent times. Next time I'll be better.

Thanks @Joao Alves for setting this up and helping with the car. Bit of a rough start but it worked very well and I was consistent enough to go from last (after the first turn) to second. Good thing is that I mostly kept the car on the track which is a real plus with this car and was able to keep the race laps pretty consistent. Thanks guys for the race and no problem @Fred Locklear , that's just racing and things happen. Had a great time and would love to see some more races in this car. Thanks @Justin Talent for sharing your tip and hope that will help us all go a bit faster next time so we can see you during the race:)

Is it just me, or does the car understeer like crazy with the default setup? I tried stiffening the ARBs and playing with the diff coast and that helped a bit but I still had a lot of trouble with understeer.

I had terribly slow qualifying times but managed to stay out of trouble on lap 1 and get into 2nd place for most of the race :p unfortunately I spun out wrecked my car on the 2nd to last lap and had to go in for repairs but still managed to finish 4th. To be honest I'm surprised I managed to keep it on the track for 18 laps straight haha.

Fun race though, would love to do another 98T race soon!

@Antoine Sarracini It's the aero setup at default that has most of a factor on understeer here. Running full aero generally was the way to go setup wise here. Made all the fast sweeping turns much easier. :)

Great stuff Joao.
My wife's Portuguese so I can pronounce your name by the way!
If you come up with a track and car combo just send me a quiet PM. No one needs these lay about students getting a jump on the gentleman racers.
See you track boys:mad:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years