Lotus 98T @ Imola

XXIhiBK.jpg

RSR has me at a 1:24.012; lots of lag spikes at my new place and one out of every three laptimes gets uploaded to the RSR database.

This setup will not magically fix the car if you are struggling just to get around the track. The 98T in AC splits the userbase into two very tangible groups:

1. Should probably be in a real race car / are already in a real race car
2. Everybody else

If you're part of the minority that can drive the 98T, this setup works pretty much anywhere and can rattle off consistent low 1:24's in Leaderboard/Qualifying trim. You can drop into the 1:23's if you feel like playing russian roulette with the turbo lag.

There is no "stable" setup for the 98T; it will try to kill you, on average, 3.74 times per lap. Don't be like some guys on the official AC forums who whine that they can't drift like Chris Harris after five laps in a car. This is exactly where we find out who can drive, and who can't.

Attachments

• Lotus 98t - Kill.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 2,943
Can't wait ! i need to get my hands on this car ... i will have to fix my g27 shifter first :S
Driving this with paddles doesnt make sense :D
Thanks for sharing !

Last edited:
Thanks for this. D/o/ you wanna give Monza a go, Austin? Im currently 6th but the WR time is way ahead, im wondering if there are some curbs to cut. Also in monza the top10 times have top speed difference of like 40kmh so it seems all wings can be made to work there.

haha dood. you are facing war with that generalistic separation ;) though i will go and try to join the "elected" :D

ok im fine with 1 sec behind so far. and its 6 tenths alone in the last sector. do u use the first gear at the chicane exit? feeling tells me not to do, but it might accelerate a lot faster, cause the turbo lag really takes its time there... cant tell my foot to hit full throttle mid corner, even if the boost comes a lot later. it just wont do it ;)

Last edited:
1,23,4 (second time so far)... Maybe 0,4 to cut. Very good setup. I would really like to see your Mugello setup and see what you can do on Silverstone :) It is a shame I am a setup noob, but it has been only a year since I started simracing so I guess there is still much to learn for me.

XXIhiBK.jpg

RSR has me at a 1:24.012; lots of lag spikes at my new place and one out of every three laptimes gets uploaded to the RSR database.

This setup will not magically fix the car if you are struggling just to get around the track. The 98T in AC splits the userbase into two very tangible groups:

1. Should probably be in a real race car / are already in a real race car
2. Everybody else

If you're part of the minority that can drive the 98T, this setup works pretty much anywhere and can rattle off consistent low 1:24's in Leaderboard/Qualifying trim. You can drop into the 1:23's if you feel like playing russian roulette with the turbo lag.

There is no "stable" setup for the 98T; it will try to kill you, on average, 3.74 times per lap. Don't be like some guys on the official AC forums who whine that they can't drift like Chris Harris after five laps in a car. This is exactly where we find out who can drive, and who can't.

Hey, I was amazed with your laptimes, could not believe I would need to find 10 secs to get your time, and I assumed I was doing it right. Your lap is just like mine but in fastforward mode, kkk.
Thanks for sharing your video and setup, will try it tomorrow.
What about the Turbo, why is it off ?
Here is the video of my hotlap:
MCPRacer

Last edited:
Hey bennis, its time for you to share your monza wr video aswell lol

Also Austin, what is the reasoning behind positive front and negative rear toe, shouldnt it be the other way round?
Thats exactly what i like to know (but i dont think op will entertain me so i keep it) since every real tuning guide are saying that negative toe is not recommended to use for rear wheel.

By the way i do have doubt that a game physic will work 100% exactly like real life .. many say 1/8" toe or 0.125 value is already extreme in real life but in AC i see many top player actually use more than that.

So i guess game is just game no matter how simulator is it. Dont be too serious :coffee:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back